Windows 10: Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

Discus and support Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mekh Bahadur, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

Hi,

I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted installation **** and repaired the os, it is ok but hangs over for long time and not responding. I repeated 2,3,4 sentences many times within a month. The same cause occurs forever. I was afraid and that made me stupid so I deleted drive C partition and all the reserve partitions by lunching boot setup and tries to install on drive D but system became busy for long time without working. So I forcely shut down the laptop pressing power button and started boot setup. Now my laptop doesn't work anymore. Boot setup starts for few seconds after that pc remains light color without working forever. Please help me out.

Sincerely

Mekh

:)

Mekh Bahadur, Dec 19, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    Win7 System Reserved Partition Full

Win 7 System Reserved Partition full
    I have a couple SSD's , One has a Dual boot Win7 x64 pro on both partitions and the second I recently installed Vista 32. It was installed with the other drive disconnected. At some point I reconnected the dual boot drive and when in vista. It said that my E; drive was full and sure enough I formatted the second partition and it won't let me install Win7 again. It's sayin that the reserve is full and can't proceed.
    Went back into Vista and these 2 folders appear in the reserve. boot and the one with all the usage is $WINDOWS.~LS I googled that folder with no real results.
    Does anyone know if I could just delete it or is there a better way to resolve this so I can get Win7 installed on the second partition again??
    Thanks

Johan45, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

Change partition as system and to drive C

I just installed windows 7 x64 on drive B (boot,crash dump and primary partition), then i decided to completely remove vista x64 on drive c(system,page file,active and primary partition) and make that as another data storage.But i cant delete or format the drive C.How can i do it?And i want the windows 7x64 to be mark as drive C.Can you help me?They're both on same single hardisk.

rizshinigami, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

1. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition. - Similar Threads - Boot setup working

2. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  3. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  4. Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup: 2 days ago my pc crashed while I was gaming, no big deal I boot up again and noticed my system was stuttering while navigating through my desktop. Couldn’t run any games without a blue screen and can’t access any type of antivirus. After a day of trying to figure this out I...
  5. Partition of the drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition of the drive c: I have purchased a laptop with memory 1 TB, NOW IN C drive 908 Gb in whcih 883 free available in c drive, now i want to make partition of c drive like on c drive 200 GB AND remaining in d and e drive each 340Gb , but when shrinking the existing drive showing the fillowing...
  6. Delete Old System Reserved Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete Old System Reserved Partition?: Hi, I have just built a new PC and have installed a new installation of Windows on an NVMe drive. I then took out my old hard drives from my previous PC and installed them in my new one, I want to be able to use them all for storage. When I go into Disk Management I see all...
  7. Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  8. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  9. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  10. Partitions on C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965