Windows 10: Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

Discus and support Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mekh Bahadur, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

Hi,

I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted installation **** and repaired the os, it is ok but hangs over for long time and not responding. I repeated 2,3,4 sentences many times within a month. The same cause occurs forever. I was afraid and that made me stupid so I deleted drive C partition and all the reserve partitions by lunching boot setup and tries to install on drive D but system became busy for long time without working. So I forcely shut down the laptop pressing power button and started boot setup. Now my laptop doesn't work anymore. Boot setup starts for few seconds after that pc remains light color without working forever. Please help me out.

Sincerely

Mekh

:)

Mekh Bahadur, Dec 19, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Boot windows installation within a partition?

Damnit, I knew thats what you wanted with your first post! I deleted my post because JMCSLOB confused me lol.

Hm, if you Follow this guide (Replace words "flash driive" with 160GB hard drive) How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 or Vista USB Drive for both partitions and then to do a dummy install of windows 8 on the last part of the HDD it should give you the option to boot Windows 7/8 Installer or boot into windows 8.
    Edit: On step 4 you will want to make sure you size the partition correctly... or you can use the windows gui tool in control panel.

Once you get that far you can just delete windows 8 from the boot menu using MSCONFIG and delete the partition.

slyfox2151, Dec 19, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

want to go from dual boot 7 & 10 to one partition clean install of 10?

One additional step - after you boot from the Windows 10 setup media and click on Install Now, the next option you want is for Custom Install. Then you will get the list of disk/partitions and delete all the partitions on the first hard drive (if you have more than one).

NavyLCDR, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

1. Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions. - Similar Threads - Boot setup working

2. Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup: 2 days ago my pc crashed while I was gaming, no big deal I boot up again and noticed my system was stuttering while navigating through my desktop. Couldn’t run any games without a blue screen and can’t access any type of antivirus. After a day of trying to figure this out I...
  3. Deleted boot partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted boot partition: 250GB NVme with the system - boot 2TB Nvme - data 8TB sata dynamic disc 2x 4TB sata ssd drives - slower data. This drive was getting full so I got 2 14TB sata drives to create Raid 1 backup When I added the drives and got in to motherboard Raid Array configuration new...
  4. Deleting partitions from boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting partitions from boot: Does my drive get wiped of i delete all partitions and format from the new windows install with usb? submitted by /u/VishVadeva [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib6c3i/deleting_partitions_from_boot/
  5. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  6. Deleted one boot partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted one boot partition: Hi, I am hoping someone can help with a simple solution? I used to have 2 bootable Windows 10 partitions on the same hard disk, as I needed two totally separate logins/operating systems. When booting, I was asked which one I wanted to boot from and all was good....
  7. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  8. Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition: I used to work on my PC which had a C Drive (partitioned with Windows and Ubuntu) alongside an E drive for other storage. I deleted the Ubuntu partition and after rebooting the system, it told me that there was a grub error - 'Error: no such partition". After looking up what...
  9. Boot loop after partitioning 4TB Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop after partitioning 4TB Drive: I am really really frustrated and could use any help anyone can give. My computer is a Dell XPS8300 with the last BIOS they put out for this system... I have a Seagate 4TB (ST4000DM000) drive that is setup GPT and had 2 partitions on it (D:, E*Smile and worked fine in...
  10. No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive: Hey all, It's an age old story, probably.. I was running Win7. Had a crash that munged me being able to boot and I have never had success creating a repair disk for 7 with USB3 drivers (I'm on Z170 chipset). So I decided I should finally jump into Win10 as I reserved...