Windows 10: Boot shows 2 OSs, MsConfig/Boot shows only one

Discus and support Boot shows 2 OSs, MsConfig/Boot shows only one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the Win10 upgrade, there has been a delay in the boot sequence, waiting for me to choose which OS I want to use. After some seconds the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gomer, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Gomer Win User

Boot shows 2 OSs, MsConfig/Boot shows only one

Ever since the Win10 upgrade, there has been a delay in the boot sequence, waiting for me to choose which OS I want to use. After some seconds the sequence continues with Win10 boot. I've just put up with it by starting the computer and walking away for some coffee. But it is an irritant.

I searched here for "Boot after Win 10 upgrade shows 2 operating systems" but when I went to my msconfig/boot there is only win10 showing - no other OSs.

How do I change my boot sequence from stopping and waiting for me to choose an OS that my msconfig/boot doesn't see?

Thanks for your help in advance

:)

Gomer, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Maxamp00 Win User

Phenom 9950 BB Only Showing 2 Cores

even msconfig in boot options is only showing 2 cores

Maxamp00, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Boot Emergency!

Go to Ms config and see if it is showing in the boot list.

Tatty_One, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Boot Emergency!

Ohh well, still dont think it's ya hardrive, if the Boot Hard drive AND OS are showing in msconfig then the last thing I can suggest is to enable the "safeboot" option, then some boxes become highlighted, select the "Minimal - alternate shell" box, apply, exit and reboot.

Tatty_One, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Boot shows 2 OSs, MsConfig/Boot shows only one - Similar Threads - Boot shows OSs

2. A problem with no os showing at msconfig, this the reasson for can't boot in safe mode,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem with no os showing at msconfig, this the reasson for can't boot in safe mode,...: Hello, how can fix this issue in win 10 pro 21h1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-with-no-os-showing-at-msconfig-this-the/3706ce5b-d6ab-4057-886e-a6da8e8f4c90
  3. A problem with no os showing at msconfig, this the reasson for can't boot in safe mode,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem with no os showing at msconfig, this the reasson for can't boot in safe mode,...: Hello, how can fix this issue in win 10 pro 21h1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-with-no-os-showing-at-msconfig-this-the/3706ce5b-d6ab-4057-886e-a6da8e8f4c90
  4. A problem with no os showing at msconfig, this the reasson for can't boot in safe mode,...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Will the boot animation show?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will the boot animation show?: I'm planning to do the registry thing for the new boot animation ring, and I have my laptop in UEFI. I've heard that it doesn't show up in UEFI. And I really want the ring to show under the HP logo. Will it show or will it not show under the HP logo when it's booting up? I'm...
  6. One HD, 2 OSs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One HD, 2 OSs?: Can I partition a hard drive (NVMe) and install windows 10 from drive images (macrium reflect) on partitions and be able to boot into either? I'm trying to do so in facing problems. I thought that you could not do it with a traditional hard drive, but that was a long time...
  7. msconfig regedist boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    msconfig regedist boot: hello today i tried to fix the mouse from regedist and then from msconfig but it didn't work and please how can i fix the black screen at startup pc and nothing works for me from microsoft or windows update please help...
  8. One system, two OSs, changing BIOS to EUFI booting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One system, two OSs, changing BIOS to EUFI booting...: On my system, there are two Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed; no dual-boot, that's managed by "F12" during BIOS load: [img] The plan is to change the BIOS booting to EUFI for both Windows 10 installation, based on NavyLCDR post, but couple of questions prior to proceeding....
  9. 2 email accounts but only one shows notifications

in Browsers and Email
    2 email accounts but only one shows notifications: 2 email accounts (gmail and outlook) but only gmail notifications show up on mail live tile or action center. Really Microsoft? 27913
  10. msconfig / system configuration is showing Windows 8.1 under boot

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig / system configuration is showing Windows 8.1 under boot: [img] I can't make it Windows 10 15816