Windows 10: Boot SSD disabled?

Discus and support Boot SSD disabled? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; People please help!!!! I wanted to deactivate a stick in the device manager. And I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD boot. Now my PC won't boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeTiger, Jul 9, 2020.

1. LeTiger Win User

Boot SSD disabled?

People please help!!!!

I wanted to deactivate a stick in the device manager. And I accidentally deactivated my 250 GB SSD boot. Now my PC won't boot anymore. The only thing I can do is to go into the BIOS, is there a way to reactivate the hard disk so that the PC starts again with Windows 10?

PLEASE YOU HELP

:)

LeTiger, Jul 9, 2020

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 9, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jul 9, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Boot SSD disabled?

New SSD wont boot

Hi John

Boot into BIOS, is SATA Mode set to AHCI to enable booting from an SSD drive?

Is the SSD drive set a top of the Boot Priority list?

Did you try connecting that SSD to the SATA Port normally used by your old HDD?

DaveM121, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Boot SSD disabled?

1. Boot SSD disabled? - Similar Threads - Boot SSD disabled

2. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not booting: I got SATA SSD to replace an hard drive on my PC, I tried loading window Os on it but I did not work on the PC, then I put the ssd on another PC which work very fine, so I put it back on the PC, still not working after much troubleshooting. I can't still get the...
  3. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd not booting: I got SATA SSD to replace an hard drive on my PC, I tried loading window Os on it but I did not work on the PC, then I put the ssd on another PC which work very fine, so I put it back on the PC, still not working after much troubleshooting. I can't still get the...
  4. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sea Of Thieves Disables SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea Of Thieves Disables SSD: When I am playing sea of thieves via Steam or Xbox gamepass, my m2 ssd plugs off. I don't think there is a problem with my ssd as I can play heavier games with no problems at all. I played Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War no problems but whenever I play Sea of Thieves my SSD...
  6. SSD boot glitching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD boot glitching?: So, one day browsing was on steam browsing around the store when I see a game I should get. So, I got it. I played for a few hours then boom Windows blue screen you know the one the REALLY annoying one with the frown face :. I keep waiting for a few minutes and it stays on 0%...
  7. Ssd won’t boot

Ssd won’t boot: I cloned the different sections of my 250gb ssd to the new 1tb ssd using Acronis Disk Director, then after looking in AOMEI partition I changed the letter of the drive from C to another letter not sure what one now clicked restart intending to then change the new ssd to C and...
  8. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ssd not booting: I’ve been experiencing problems with my computer recognizing my ssd to boot from. I had two separate hardrives with Windows downloaded on both connected to my pc. When booted up it prompted me to select a drive. Last night I decided to delete one drive for extra storage. Now...
  9. SSD booting problem

SSD booting problem: I recently purchased an SSD drive Lexar 480GB and installed Win10 on it. I had 3 other hard drives but when I installed Windows on the SSD, I had all 3 hard drives disconnected to ensure the whole installation is all on the SSD. After the installation, I confirmed the SSD...
  10. Moving Boot to an SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Boot to an SSD: Hi, So at the moment I'm running my system through a standard 2tb HDD, and would like to move the bootup to the 1tb SSD that I have just bought. I've seen a lot about having to clone my bootup through exterior software and then transfer it to the new drive, but i was...