Windows 10: Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen

Discus and support Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I boot the laptop Lenovo Ideapad 310, there's the usual windows loading animation, and then the entire screen becomes black no cursor. After 5-10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by H.M. Joisa, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen

When I boot the laptop Lenovo Ideapad 310, there's the usual windows loading animation, and then the entire screen becomes black no cursor. After 5-10 seconds the screen turns blue and a "Please wait..." message appears and stays there for about another 10 secondsnote: this is before the login screen, then finally it reaches the login screen, which is very slow. I click to open the password windows and it takes around 2-7 seconds to open it.

After the login, the computer is unusable for 20-40 secondstaskbar not loaded.

BIOS Time is 4 seconds.

I already tried:

- Disable all "Startup apps".

- Defrag.

- Make space in PC I have around 500 GB of free space currently.

- Disable "Fast boot", heard some people that it would help, but it did not.

- Scan for viruses I have Norton.

- Check for windows updates.

PC Specs:

- 8GB DDR4 RAM.

- IntelR CoreTM i5-6200U.

- NVIDIA GeForce 920MX

All drivers are updated.

:)

H.M. Joisa, Apr 21, 2020

2. Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen

As I said in the title, when i boot the PC, before the Login screen, the entire screen becomes black (no cursor or anything). After 5-10 seconds the screen turns blue and a "Please wait..." message appears and stays there for about another 10 seconds, then
    finally it reaches the login screen, which is very slow, i mean i click on the password field and it takes my click after 2 seconds, even when i try to type my password it doesn't take all my pressed keys, so i have to re-write the password sometimes.

After the login, the computer is unusable for 20-40 seconds.

Had some problems with the slow boot/start-up before, but it solved by itself (4 months ago)

I already tried:

- Disable all "Start up apps" > no effect

- Defrag

- Make space in PC (delete unused files / previous windows / etc)

- Disable "Fast boot", heard some people that it would help, but it did not

- Scan for viruses

- Check for windows updates

*Notes*

- This issue occured after one of the latest windows updates

ElCapitane, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Neros96 Win User

Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen

Black login screen + fast startup problem

While having issues with login screen being black and only thing i can see is the pre login screen where I need to click a key to get to login scree.

After I click a key login screen is all black with loading circle near mouse, then it kicks me back to pre login screen.

That could be fixed with a boot in safe mode but cuz fast startup is by default enabled I cant get my keyboard and screen working till I get the windows loaded. I tryed hard shutdown, reseting windows by removing battey on motherboard and draining the power
    completly but no luck.

I have a led keyboard and after the reseting bios I get my keyboard working on cold startup but screen still isnt working till windows appears. Tryed another output on the gpu and still not working.

Inserting win 10 instalation disc also is not working cuz i cant configute boot device

Neros96, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen

1. Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen - Similar Threads - Boot Startup Black

2. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  3. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  4. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  5. black screen before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen before startup: i have a problem When I open the computer, a black screen appears for a minute or two and then it runs Windows. I want a solution to speed up the startup. Note: I use hard hdd, not sdd...
  6. Black screen after please wait screen on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after please wait screen on boot up: Hello, everyone, I am having issues with my windows booting up. As soon as I turn it on it goes to the black screen with the windows 10 blue logo and right under that, it says please wait as it boots to the screen just prior to the login. as soon as it finishes on the please...
  7. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login screen: Hello everyone. I have recently experienced a problem with Windows 10. Whenever I select Windows 10 (I have dual-boot configuration, the other OS is Ubuntu), it normally boots and I hear the startup sound. I also see the mouse indicator and I can sometimes control it, yet...
  8. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  9. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...