Windows 10: Boot takes almost six times longer with Windows 10 as it does with Linux Mint 21.3

Discus and support Boot takes almost six times longer with Windows 10 as it does with Linux Mint 21.3 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why is Windows 10 so slow? When I swap out hard drives and run this same chassis with Linux Mint Mate 21.3 I'm getting ten second boot times, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SlouchSocksFan, Jun 27, 2024.

1. Boot takes almost six times longer with Windows 10 as it does with Linux Mint 21.3

Why is Windows 10 so slow? When I swap out hard drives and run this same chassis with Linux Mint Mate 21.3 I'm getting ten second boot times, and when I click on the icon for chromium (instead of chrome) instead of having a 14 second launch time it's only a three second launch time.

How do I make Windows 10 as fast as Linux Mint Mate edition?

submitted by /u/SlouchSocksFan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SlouchSocksFan, Jun 27, 2024

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

How to Dual Boot Linux Mint and Windows

https://itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16...

How to install Linux Mint on your Windows PC

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-install-lin...

Be sure to check with Linux Mint Support and Forums.

Linux Mint - Support and Forums

Contact Us - Linux Mint

Linux Mint Forums

Linux Mint Forums - Index page

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 27, 2024
  3. Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

Has anyone successfully setup a dual boot with Windows 10 and Linux Mint? If so can you please tell me how you did it. Have tried multiple times and all have failed.

richard000001, Jun 27, 2024
  4. Boot takes almost six times longer with Windows 10 as it does with Linux Mint 21.3

Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint

How can I dual boot windows 10 with Linux Mint when I have a MBR hard drive with 4 partitions already in place?

Computers2016, Jun 27, 2024
Thema:

Boot takes almost six times longer with Windows 10 as it does with Linux Mint 21.3

1. Boot takes almost six times longer with Windows 10 as it does with Linux Mint 21.3 - Similar Threads - Boot takes almost

2. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  3. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  4. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows to Linux Mint

Windows to Linux Mint: Due to issues with Windows 11 ...i may decide to install Linux Mint on one of my three desktop pc's ...i've tried Linux Mint before as a newbie and was totally a new learning curve and this time i will study more on Linux Mint and keep this OS on one of my three pc's ( have...
  6. Windows to Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows to Linux Mint: Due to issues with Windows 11 ...i may decide to install Linux Mint on one of my three desktop pc's ...i've tried Linux Mint before as a newbie and was totally a new learning curve and this time i will study more on Linux Mint and keep this OS on one of my three pc's ( have...
  7. Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint

Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint: I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a...
  8. Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?

Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?: How do I set up the function described in the title? Windows 10 installed Linux mint cinnamon installed Restart leads directly to windows lock screen Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?
  9. change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint

in Windows 10 Customization
    change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint: how do i make windows 10 default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dual-boot-order-windows-10-and-linux-mint/e68b3b6e-18b8-4fd9-9407-9d2bd94c3f37
  10. Windows 10 boot menu after Linux Mint uninstallation

Windows 10 boot menu after Linux Mint uninstallation: Hi, I installed Linux Mint alongside Windows 10 some time ago and tried it for a while. When I decided to remove Linux Mint from the laptop, I deleted the disk partitions it was installed on. Even though Linux Mint is deleted, it is still shown as an option on Windows boot...