Windows 10: boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.

Discus and support boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I had this problem for a while now, boot takes very long time. I thought it was my SSD starting to die out, So I bought a new one, NVME this time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dudiz, Dec 12, 2020.

1. dudiz Win User

boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.

So I had this problem for a while now, boot takes very long time.

I thought it was my SSD starting to die out, So I bought a new one, NVME this time Samsung 970 EVO Plus,
    I cloned my old ssd to the new one, and now using the new one instead for operation system, and still the boot is slow

I'm not sure at this point what could be the cause, by slow boot I mean the circular loader that shows when windows is loading up,

v3.Boot_1.rar - Google Drive
    download for my WPR log.

My computer has 64gb ram
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Nvidia 1070 GTX
    + the new NVME ssd driver I just mentioned, why is this happening?

:)

dudiz, Dec 12, 2020

2. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

I have a full description of the problem here: More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black window with the Windows 10 logo and the little dots circling.

1. That's my current hardwarespecifiations
    2. Windows boot screen stays more than 1 minute to then display the login screen
    3. Initially, I had just one Windows 10 x64 installation, then I installed a new Win10 on dual boot to compare
    4. After the new win10 dual boot installation, the boot time was reduced to 8 seconds (in this case the default win10 was automatically set to the new installation)
    5. But changing to default win10 startup to the old win10, the time came back to 1 minute
    6. Both win10 are with Fast Startup OFF
    7. Safe boot doesn't change the boot time
    8. The red led in front of the desktop (disk I/O) is completely OFF until the login screen is reached (so, no disk I/O during 1 minute)
    9. The drivers for BIOS, RAID, Motherboard are the same for both win10 installations, so it's not a hardware or driver problem.

RogérioDec, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Computer boots to bios every time

I had the same issue with a Crucial MX (or BX i forget which) 256GB ssd while running on a z170 platform. Come to find out, it was an incompatibility with the motherboard that @FordGT90Concept pointed out to me as he had the same issue. I bought a new Samsung 960 evo m.2 and the issue went away.

I suggest getting a newer model SSD and reinstalling Windows and id bet that your issue will go away.

Edit: Thread necro!

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Dec 12, 2020
  4. boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.

New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.

1. boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer. - Similar Threads - boot takes few

2. unlock SSD drive each time after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock SSD drive each time after booting: SituationRecently my Thinkpad P1 died and could not be repaired. After buying almost the same computer again, I have installed the SSD from y previous P1 onto the new one. After some nerding around, I have found the bitlocker key and successfully unlocked the drive and can...
  3. unlock SSD drive each time after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock SSD drive each time after booting: SituationRecently my Thinkpad P1 died and could not be repaired. After buying almost the same computer again, I have installed the SSD from y previous P1 onto the new one. After some nerding around, I have found the bitlocker key and successfully unlocked the drive and can...
  4. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting my computer takes 1 minute: My computer booting takes 1 minute after i fixed the black screen. I used bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd and bcdboot e:\windows / ko-KR /s e:\windows /f all to fix the black screen which is happen after i logon to user After I fixed black screen, it started to boot...
  5. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting my computer takes 1 minute: My computer booting takes 1 minute after i fixed the black screen. I used bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd and bcdboot e:\windows / ko-KR /s e:\windows /f all to fix the black screen which is happen after i logon to user After I fixed black screen, it started to boot...
  6. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hangs for a few minutes each time I boot up: Windows 10. ver 19043Whenever I boot up Windows, after a minute it will often hang for a few minutes. Whatever is running will mostly run, though sometimes it will stop. Like Windows Media Player will continue to play. But try and run a new programme and it won't even load....
  8. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  9. Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep: Okay so a few weeks ago I had this issues where it would take the computer too long to go into sleep, so I had restarted it to see if it would fix it but it didn't, any ideas? Could it be Hard Disk Sentinel? 82692
  10. >5 minute boot time on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    >5 minute boot time on SSD: Hi. I have a PC running Windows 10, but it is taking an unusually long time to boot. It can take more than 5 minutes, even though the boot drive is a 250GB Crucial MX200 with the latest firmware. I know that this is a very vague issue, but if i should provide more info for...