Windows 10: Boot time faster?

Discus and support Boot time faster? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, a question to all the testers out there: Are boot times of Win 10 installed on an SSD faster than on 8.1? With and without fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hybrid Vigor, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Boot time faster?

Hi there,

a question to all the testers out there: Are boot times of Win 10 installed on an SSD faster than on 8.1?
    With and without fast startup....?!

Thanx for anwering

:)

Hybrid Vigor, Oct 1, 2014
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Booting time

No one from Microsoft here. This is a community forum.

To reduce the time needed to load Windows, reduce the number of programs that start with windows.

BulldogXX, Oct 1, 2014
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Booting time

What is the actual specification of the Laptop? It is described as "entry level" which generally means base spec. Microsoft quote a minimum spec for systems but anything built that low is rarely viable for very long.

Next is the programs on the computer. Use Programs and features to review what has been installed. Identify those that are not needed and remove them. Printers and Cameras tend to have lots of "extras" that do not provide you with anything.

Then look for the programs you do want but can easily be reinstalled, particularly web sourced and uninstall every one. Don't cut corners.

Use MSConfig to identify background programs that load during boot.

HairyFool, Oct 1, 2014
  4. bromanbro Win User

Boot time faster?

Not on an SSD, but boot time is similer to a freshly installed Win 8 (couple of minutes)

bromanbro, Oct 1, 2014
  5. davehc Win User
    No difference on mine, through a standard HD to an SSD. Possibly a little slower.

davehc, Oct 1, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    About the same, running mine on an SSD.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2014
  7. Stephanie Win User
    Mines about the same (win 7 on SSD & Win 10 on HDD) but then not added any applications to Win 10 yet *Smile

Stephanie, Oct 1, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

Boot time faster?

Agree. Whatever speed you get with Win 8, it's about the same for Win 10.

badrobot, Oct 1, 2014
  9. LittleJay Win User
    Boot times for W10 on an SSD seem about the same as W8 on my PC, with both being a bit faster than W7.

LittleJay, Oct 1, 2014
  10. brummyfan Win User
    Boot time same as Win8 but system responsiveness better in 10.

brummyfan, Oct 1, 2014
  11. Mystere Win User
    Remember, this is an early beta, so it hasn't really gone through any additional optimizations... so I wouldn't expect any speed improvements yet, and it's likely it will get slower before it gets faster..

Mystere, Oct 1, 2014
  12. Like others, using an SSD but not seeing any faster boot time for Win10 than I have for Win8.1 (also on an SSD).

Mark Phelps, Oct 1, 2014
  13. Boot time faster?

Not seen any difference and I would not have thought you would as this is based right off of Windows 8.1.1. That part of the OS is most probably the same, it is mainly the GUI they have been tweaking. Over the next six months to a year there will be plenty of optimizations and I am sure the powers that be will want it to boot faster. In the launch they said it will be faster than 7 & 8 on the same hardware (they always say that).

Indianatone, Oct 1, 2014
  14. pparks1 Win User
    I'd call the speed roughly equivalent.

pparks1, Oct 1, 2014
  15. It feels faster but I'm putting that down to the clean install

JDobbsy1987, Oct 1, 2014
Thema:

Boot time faster?

1. Boot time faster? - Similar Threads - Boot faster

2. dual booting faster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual booting faster: How to make dual booting faster* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-booting-faster/71c51c61-6869-4074-ba67-aa1a21144757
  3. Make Windows ignore external USB HDD during boot for faster startup

in Windows 10 News
    Make Windows ignore external USB HDD during boot for faster startup: [ATTACH]When you turn on your PC, a lot goes behind the scene, starting with the detection of connected hardware. When you have multiple external drives or USB HDD connected to a PC, the UEFI or BIOS will wait for the drives to boot up and check if it needs to boot up from...
  4. How to make Windows 10 boot up faster and also to make taskbar icons appear quickly on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 10 boot up faster and also to make taskbar icons appear quickly on startup?: I currently have a Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM sand has an HDD of 320 GB both drives C and D. I want to know if how do I make my PC boot up faster and also the thing with taskbar icons that I pinned on my taskbar, it takes a long time for it to show up. Is it a HDD issue...
  5. How to make Windows 10 boot up faster and also to make taskbar icons appear quickly on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Windows 10 boot up faster and also to make taskbar icons appear quickly on startup?: I currently have a Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM sand has an HDD of 320 GB both drives C and D. I want to know if how do I make my PC boot up faster and also the thing with taskbar icons that I pinned on my taskbar, it takes a long time for it to show up. Is it a HDD issue...
  6. How to make Windows 10 boot up faster and also to make taskbar icons appear quickly on startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Request: Windows that utiltizes Solid State Drive SSD to boot faster.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Request: Windows that utiltizes Solid State Drive SSD to boot faster.: I know you can install Windows to a solid state drive SSD, but the downside is the frequent write cycles wasted and shortened life of the SSD. Goal: exploit the speed of the SSD and minimize read/write head thrashing slows performance on hard drive HD. After Windows is...
  8. Startup programs and making my boot up sequence faster. Also how to get rid of unwanted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup programs and making my boot up sequence faster. Also how to get rid of unwanted...: What programs should I disable from starting when I boot up my pc? How do I do this? Is there a program I can use? Any help is greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Soggy_Trumpet [link] [comments]...
  9. Which faster? Restore image using Boot Disk or Windows(logged in)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which faster? Restore image using Boot Disk or Windows(logged in): I have to restore a system image, because when Win10 crashed, it wiped out my SSD and left it all unallocated. If you know what would cause that, I'd like for this to never happen again, so please let me know? My real question is, would the Image Restore take less time to...
  10. Why does my computer boot faster when rebooting than a cold startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer boot faster when rebooting than a cold startup?: I'm using Boot Racer and it shows that Windows 10 loads more slowly after a fresh startup than during a reboot. I tried doing a clean boot, but to no avail. I also tried comparing Fast Startup enabled and disabled, and it made no difference. It's only a 10-second difference...