Windows 10: Boot time increase

Discus and support Boot time increase in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, a few days ago I had to use my gigabyte's backup bios due to corruption, and now my pc takes upto a minute to boot instead of about 10-15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dwarfer66, Jul 2, 2016.

1. dwarfer66 Win User

Boot time increase

Hey guys, a few days ago I had to use my gigabyte's backup bios due to corruption, and now my pc takes upto a minute to boot instead of about 10-15 seconds. (stays on gigabyte screen till boot).

Any ideas?

:)

dwarfer66, Jul 2, 2016
  2. 'RickT Win User

Boot time increases on disabling hibernation

Hi SK,

At a quick guess your systems were set to hibernate before the update, then the update switched the hibernate off for some reason Microsoft didn't bother to explain.

Does that help ?

'RickT, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Boot time increases on disabling hibernation

Hi Subhadeep,

To troubleshoot this error, you may follow the steps I have given below.

Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select System and then Power and Sleep.
    • Choose Additional Power settings.
    • Click on Change Settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck "Turn on Fast Startup".
    • Click Save changes.
    • Restart computer.

Let's see how it goes.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Boot time increase

First why did you have to mess with the bios? The other part is most likely Windows doing some housekeeping ifit was a newer bios update you loaded.

bro67, Jul 2, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I've had dual BIOS boards, but so far i haven't had to resort to the backup BIOS.

i presume that the backup is older than the one that you were using.

Fast boot?

Can you reflash the corrupt BIOS with a good one?

bobkn, Jul 2, 2016
  6. dwarfer66 Win User
    I tried to get into the bios yesterday but it will not do it, just (eventually) goes to a black screen and goes no further. The only way I knew it was corrupted is I have to take out my GPU and run it off the mobo, then it tells me I have a corrupted bios.

It repairs it, then I get into the bios after which I can put in my gpu and boot again (albeit a LONG time to boot).

dwarfer66, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot time increase

1. Boot time increase - Similar Threads - Boot increase

2. PC not booting after size increase of Windows RE partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not booting after size increase of Windows RE partition: Hi there,as many others I got the error 0x80070643 for Windows 10 KB5034441 which prevented me from installing the windows updates. Yesterday, I tried to tackle this issue and found out that in order to fix this problem Microsoft provided a script that increases the size of...
  3. PC not booting after size increase of Windows RE partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not booting after size increase of Windows RE partition: Hi there,as many others I got the error 0x80070643 for Windows 10 KB5034441 which prevented me from installing the windows updates. Yesterday, I tried to tackle this issue and found out that in order to fix this problem Microsoft provided a script that increases the size of...
  4. PC not booting after size increase of Windows RE partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  6. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  7. Windows Boot time increased after update

8. Can Windows Updates Alter/Increase Secure Boot Keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Updates Alter/Increase Secure Boot Keys?: I recently found that in both of my device's Bios this Asus computer and MSI laptop, the Secure Boot Keys had been changedthis is what they normally look like:PK- 1 DefaultKEK- 3 Default for Asus 1 Default for MSIDB- 10 Default for Asus 3 Default for MSIDBX- 77 Defaultwhen I...
  9. Can Windows Updates Alter/Increase Secure Boot Keys?

Can Windows Updates Alter/Increase Secure Boot Keys?: I recently found that in both of my device's Bios this Asus computer and MSI laptop, the Secure Boot Keys had been changedthis is what they normally look like:PK- 1 DefaultKEK- 3 Default for Asus 1 Default for MSIDB- 10 Default for Asus 3 Default for MSIDBX- 77 Defaultwhen I...
  10. Can Windows Updates Alter/Increase Secure Boot Keys?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade