Windows 10: Boot time increased due to high disk usage during startup after windows 10 updates

Discus and support Boot time increased due to high disk usage during startup after windows 10 updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 pro 1804 version ; upgraded from 8.1 after some updates it was working fine but recently I noticed there is a delay in booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arjun Ram, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Arjun Ram Win User

Boot time increased due to high disk usage during startup after windows 10 updates

I am using windows 10 pro 1804 version ;

upgraded from 8.1 after some updates it was working fine but recently I noticed there is a delay in booting and at starting time the disk usage is 100 the loading of explorer takes some time .

I done all methods to solve the issue mentioned in these forums .like superfetch , registry modification iastore.sys -

but still it did not solved . each time different app working microsoft elementry services ,system . mostly system is causing this issues .

I am using hdd no ssd available so solutions should be according to that .

Hp laptop i3 processor 4th gen

:)

Arjun Ram, Apr 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 high disk usage startup

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for your response.

If there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer.

These programs are either enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task manager.
    • Click "Startup" tab.
    • Under startup tab, Disable any unnecessary Programs that you do not need during startup.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persist or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 12, 2019
  3. high disk usage on startup (windows 10)

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

From what you have described, it looks like there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer. These programs are either
    enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open task manager.

2. Click "startup" tab.

3. Under startup tab, disable any unnecessary programs that you do not need during startup.

4. Restart the computer and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Boot time increased due to high disk usage during startup after windows 10 updates

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Boot time increased due to high disk usage during startup after windows 10 updates

1. Boot time increased due to high disk usage during startup after windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Boot increased due

2. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  3. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  4. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Increased boot time after windows update

Increased boot time after windows update: Recently i upgrdaded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro edition on my lenovo legion y540 laptop which is a high end pc and has only been used for less than a year. Prior to update, the boot time was very less. But now there is a loading icon under legion symbol which goes...
  6. Very high disk usage on startup

Very high disk usage on startup: Hi... I'm using windows 10 home and I'm having a problem of very high disk usage... Idling at 100% until I use other applications and games.I also noticed that 'System' and 'Sysmain' causes the usage and sometimes 'Windows cryptographic service' and some other windows...
  7. Intermittent Freezes Due to High Disk Usage

Intermittent Freezes Due to High Disk Usage: Hello, so I built my Windows computer about a year ago and I've been having this issue ever since and I haven't been able to fix it despite numerous attempts. The situation is that about every hour the applications on my computer will freeze for about 10 seconds. I can move...
  8. High disk usage after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    High disk usage after Updates: Split from this thread. OK Greg, I get what you are saying. But surely, it is Micrsoft's responsibility to supply a solid Windows 10 update that will work properly and not kill my system by overactive disk usage?...
  9. High Disk Usage during Startup, slows down my pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Disk Usage during Startup, slows down my pc: Hi, I just installed win 10 last day, and it was going fine, no conflicts on the drivers whatsoever. But after a day, when I booted up, it seems to have slowed down to a point that everything does not respond to my inputs, though it does after a couple of minutes, i check the...
  10. Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time: I have an HP DV 7 Laptop. I purchased it a few years back. I know it's no barn burner, but I every time I boot up I get constant high disk usage which makes it laptop unusable for a considerable amount of time. Disk usage hovers around 95% or more on average for 10-15 minutes...