Windows 10: Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD

Discus and support Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been struggling to find out the reason why my computer does not boot as fast as it should with an SSD (M.2 NVMe but restricted to PCIe Gen2 x2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nfshp253, Jun 28, 2019.

1. nfshp253 Win User

Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD

I've been struggling to find out the reason why my computer does not boot as fast as it should with an SSD (M.2 NVMe but restricted to PCIe Gen2 x2 speeds). It takes about 25 seconds in total from pressing the power button to reaching the desktop. Previously, I was using a SATA 3 SSD and the performance was identical.

The slow part seems to be during the small loading animation that happens on the black background with the OEM logo. What should I do to diagnose this? I have a feeling Windows is waiting for some of my devices, specifically my Logitech G29 wheel to fully initialize (which it does by calibrating the wheel through turning itself from lock to lock). Once the wheel is done calibrating, Windows immediately moves on to the log-in screen.

Should I do some sort of boot trace?

:)

nfshp253, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD

1. Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD - Similar Threads - Boot quick expected

2. really long booting time with SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    really long booting time with SSD: i have an old Lenovo G40-45 swapped the boot drive with 128GB SSD, but the HDD is still used using caddy in the dvd slot running Windows 10 20H2 the SSD used only for windows drive, all of my data (documents, games etc) stored in HDD using fast startup mode the boot time is...
  3. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? LE: It was a one time deal, but still have around 36seconds until I can enter the Windows password. The event viewer didn't log...
  4. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? 168564
  5. Quick Boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Quick Boot: I had go to BIOS and Boot setting. Do you know how to make my laptop boot faster?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-boot/b2690626-7e8a-4bcc-9614-bf6f592e1d25
  6. slow boot time on ssd

slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  7. SSD Boot Time 90+ Seconds

SSD Boot Time 90+ Seconds: I have a Samsung 830 SSD that I've been using for a couple of years. When I first used it, I had cold boot times of ~20 seconds. I've since upgraded parts around, but kept the same SSD. But after a couple months in my latest upgrade, I notice longer boot times. I have the...
  8. Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.

Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.: I have an ASUS 6730 with Win 10 and I just installed an SSD as the boot drive. Boot time is very long 90 sec. I have the latest BIOS version. I tried disconnecting all external drives. I turned off the old internal drive in Devices just in case the BIOS was searching the old...
  9. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  10. >5 minute boot time on SSD

>5 minute boot time on SSD: Hi. I have a PC running Windows 10, but it is taking an unusually long time to boot. It can take more than 5 minutes, even though the boot drive is a 250GB Crucial MX200 with the latest firmware. I know that this is a very vague issue, but if i should provide more info for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd not as quick as expected

2. windows 10 1309 slow boot