Windows 10: Boot Time painfully slow on WD m.2 SSD Drive

Discus and support Boot Time painfully slow on WD m.2 SSD Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently built my PC from scratch and decided to use the: WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ccg83, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ccg83 Win User

Boot Time painfully slow on WD m.2 SSD Drive

I recently built my PC from scratch and decided to use the:

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B

As my Boot Drive / Steam Library. I am however noticing that my System Boot time can exceed 60 seconds if not longer (has taken as long as 2 minutes 25 seconds) which seems insane to me on an SSD drive. My Macbook had SSD and booted in under 30 seconds and that was just a typical 2.5 inch SanDisk SSD not m.2

I don't have anything extra set to open at launch and my startup items in system preferences are empty and still this happens. Any Suggestions on how to speed the boot time up to a respectable SSD level.

:)

ccg83, Jan 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Painfully Slow Boot Up Time

Hi

I've got an ssd drive in my Lenovo G770 and am still getting the verrrreeee slow boot up.

AlanDaniels, Jan 8, 2019
  3. dual boot on m.2 ssd

thanks .

i will install windows 7 first then windows 10, so that newest boot maanager will add older version boot entry for win 7 .

now any bios tweaking like uefi settings in bios? i heard installation is triky in m.2 ssd.

MD ABIDALI, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Boot Time painfully slow on WD m.2 SSD Drive - Similar Threads - Boot painfully slow

2. Unable to Boot to SSD drive, goes to M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Boot to SSD drive, goes to M.2: I bought a new to me desktop PC. I replaced the HDD it had with my old computer's SSD, which has my expected windows 10 image.The PC was wiped clean before I bought it and I guess is booting to a Windows 11 M.2.I went to startup options and don't see my SSD as an option to...
  3. Unable to Boot to SSD drive, goes to M.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Boot to SSD drive, goes to M.2: I bought a new to me desktop PC. I replaced the HDD it had with my old computer's SSD, which has my expected windows 10 image.The PC was wiped clean before I bought it and I guess is booting to a Windows 11 M.2.I went to startup options and don't see my SSD as an option to...
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  5. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  6. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card: Running Win 10 version 21H1 My rig has a 500 Mb M.2 SSD card as boot (C:\). Troubling Chkdsk runs have caused me to distrust the current card. A replacement M.2 card should arrive in a couple of days and my confidence in myself to successfully swap the cards is limited as I...
  8. Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card: Running Win 10 version 21H1 My rig has a 500 Mb M.2 SSD card as boot (C:\). Troubling Chkdsk runs have caused me to distrust the current card. A replacement M.2 card should arrive in a couple of days and my confidence in myself to successfully swap the cards is limited as I...
  9. Boot Time painfully slow on WD m.2 SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Time painfully slow on WD m.2 SSD Drive: I recently built my PC from scratch and decided to use the: WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B As my Boot Drive / Steam Library. I am however noticing that my System Boot time can exceed 60 seconds if not longer (has taken...
  10. dual boot on m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel 660p m.2-2280 1tb slow bootup

2. wd m2 ssd slow to boot