Windows 10: Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10

Discus and support Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I read in many articles about the benefits of DISABLING the "Fast-Startup" feature in Windows 10 , so I tried it once.As expected the startup slowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SayanDas9, Jun 8, 2021.

1. SayanDas9 Win User

Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10

Hi,I read in many articles about the benefits of DISABLING the "Fast-Startup" feature in Windows 10 , so I tried it once.As expected the startup slowed down a lot......... I was not pleased with the slow boot timings so after two days, I ENABLED it back again........... but noticed that my boot and shutdown time remains slow like hell !!!!! The startup, which took almost a few seconds is now taking more almost 5 minutes. The "Please Wait" text is also shown for a long time which was never shown before and the shutdown is also taking a lot of time.I'm a bit concerned. Didn't the fast startup

:)

SayanDas9, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 8, 2021
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10 :mad:

scevism, Jun 8, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Boot times issue

The two are linked as you've observed and as I mentioned.

What puzzles me is the change after the power outage, which would suggest some form of corruption, which does not seem the case.

The other thing that can cause slow boot times are certain updates. For example this update:
    KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - September 13 - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

So I'm now wondering if the change in boot time is actually unrelated to your power outage. Using WPR as @zinou suggests is then the next step.

dalchina, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot slowed down

2. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  3. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  4. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Suddenly slow boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly slow boot time: Hi everyone, first post noob here.I removed Ubuntu from my laptop about a month ago. All traces are gone from BIOS.It used to take 10 seconds from pressing the power button to the login screen before dual boot, and with dual boot, but now it takes over a minute. My BIOS start...
  6. Slow down time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow down time?: hello. i want to slow my windows time by 1/2 or something like that, this code had to work but using System; using System.Threading; namespace ConsoleApp3 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { string strCmdText; Console.WriteLine("Set hour"); int hour =...
  7. Sudden slow down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden slow down: 3 hours ago on my brand new laptop, all windows animations started becoming very choppy out of nowhere. It makes the computer feel slow. Does anyone know why all of a sudden all of the windows animations have become so slow? If this helps anything I have a 1650 to graphics...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly slowed down: I have a Asus K501u laptop and I’m running Windows 10 on it. This afternoon, before I put my laptop to sleep, my laptop worked fine and when i opened it a few hours later, it was really slow. The touchpad is laggy, applications take forever to open and i cant get anything...
  9. Windows 10 sudden slow down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 sudden slow down: Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.167) has gone very slow with all the applications and all actions. Including booting. How does one solve it? Help!...
  10. Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD: I just noticed in the last few days that my PC takes about 2-3 minutes to boot up. It takes about 5 seconds to post and then hangs on Windows loading screen for about 2-3 minutes, which used to be around 10-15 seconds. I'm not really sure when it started. I did a test to...