Windows 10: Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

Discus and support Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/common_human, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time 9qXWJuXq3PGUfo0PaiVE9fRz9upfkmIL-dlrdgSjX8s.jpg

Hello,

I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10.

It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year.

The boot time is extremely high around 5 minutes and after the login it takes another 10 minutes to become lag free.

During the initial 10 minutes, the HDD usage is at 100% and everything is slow. After 10 minutes the HDD usage drops down to 10% and everything is working great.

The same thing happens when its woken up from the sleep, 10 minutes of slow agony use and then its absolutely fine.

I disabled several apps from the startup, it hasnt help much. Changed the antivirus assuming it could be causing this behavior but it hasnt worked.

Suspected HDD going bad, however used crystaldiskinfo and chkdsk, they claim the disk is ok.

Any pointers what could be causing this behavior and how to rectify it ?

• Processor: i7-6700HQ
    • MB model: 80E9
    • Ram: 8GB DDR3 [PC3-12800 (800 Mhz) ], Single slot
    • HDD: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 - 1TB

Usage after login

Disk usage is at 100

Disk usage drop to less than 10% after 10 minutes

submitted by /u/common_human
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/common_human, Oct 31, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

Unable to wake from sleep from time to time

This is so stupid. Laptop for 250€ sleeps and wakes up perfectly. My former 6 years old rig was sleeping/waking up fine. My current system for what, 1200€ with brand new components, everything made for power efficiency. And it can't even freaking wake up from a god damn sleep. So I have it disabled which means it'll run for days if I forget to turn it off. Idiotic.

RejZoR, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

Hi Tanay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the laptop takes time to wake up the screen after waking up from sleep mode.

Ideally, if there are multiple processes running in the background the computer will take some time to wake up from sleep. However, you may want to try changing few settings on the computer and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on Power Options.
    5. Click on Choose what the power buttons do, and click
      Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6. Select the checkbox for Turn on fast startup.
    7. Click Save changes

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 31, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

Unable to wake from sleep from time to time

disable hybrid sleep and test I would also enable wake up by usb sometimes waking by power button can cause a conflict where it wakes and then immediately attempts to shutdown causing a hang
    if that doesn't do it switch the wake up by to OS

OneMoar, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

1. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time - Similar Threads - Boot wake sleep

2. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  3. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  4. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep time set and wake up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep time set and wake up?: I know Windows 10 users can go into power settings and change when PC goes to sleep afterBut is there a way to tell Windows 10 when exactly to put my PC to sleep and when to wake itself up? not only selecting time but days, an example for me would be:Sleep: 1:00am Everyday...
  6. Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep: It seems to take ~20 seconds for my computer to get to the Windows 10 login screen from sleep. I first click on the keyboard and it lights up immediately. I can hear the CPU fan kick on immediately also. Then I have to wait another 15-20 seconds before the monitor displays...
  7. Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer takes time to wake up from sleep: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  8. WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN: I have a new hp laptop having windows 10 with intel i3 7 th gen 4gb ram. it will take a lot of time to respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-takes-lot-of-time-to-boot-shutdown/20cc21c9-eb8b-4f4c-8f09-28120946779d
  9. refresh takes a lot of time

refresh takes a lot of time: Recently I am facing the issue of long buffering after a right click on the desktop, for refreshing the PC. I have tried several measures but for no use. Could you suggest something more technical and deep rooted? Please help me out here......
  10. BSOD around the time I wake it up from sleep

BSOD around the time I wake it up from sleep: I have tried to the get windows 10 windbg kit to work to look and see what wrong myself but I can't get the symbols to work... So my problem is that when waking up the computer it crashes about 25% of the time, it used to crash 100% on wake up but I update a problem driver...