Windows 10: boot time

Discus and support boot time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; would you consider 28 sec a good boot time ? ssd 131242 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thomaseg1, Apr 20, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

boot time

would you consider 28 sec a good boot time ? ssd

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 20, 2019

2. query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Apr 20, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 20, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

boot time

Windows 10 Boot times issue

The two are linked as you've observed and as I mentioned.

What puzzles me is the change after the power outage, which would suggest some form of corruption, which does not seem the case.

The other thing that can cause slow boot times are certain updates. For example this update:
    KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - September 13 - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

So I'm now wondering if the change in boot time is actually unrelated to your power outage. Using WPR as @zinou suggests is then the next step.

dalchina, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

boot time

1. boot time - Similar Threads - boot

2. Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.: Screen popped up with update notice, asked if I wanted to Restart. Chose Yes. Update began and then computer went to restart. The Boot screen came up, with the intel symbol and BIOS Settings (F2) / Boot Menu (F10) and that's it. Cannot access either of them. Computer just...
  3. Insignia Flex NS-P11W7100-C - not booting up, red charging LED not lighting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insignia Flex NS-P11W7100-C - not booting up, red charging LED not lighting up: My Insignia Flex NS-P11W7100 Microsoft Windows 10 Tablet has 2GB RAM, although its user manual does not mention onboard RAM at all. I was looking through its UEFI BIOS and found a setting to select dual-channel RAM, which I thought would be a common feature in all Microsoft...
  4. OneNote starts when I boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote starts when I boot up: When I turn my computer on, ever since the last update from Microsoft, I get a little window at the bottom of the screen labeled "Send To OneNote". In it there are three little windows labeled "Screen Clippings (S)", "Send To OneNote", and "New Quick Note (N)". How can I...
  5. Installing Windows 10 on Apple iMac using Boot Camp - Are there still problems with this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on Apple iMac using Boot Camp - Are there still problems with this?: I want to use Boot Camp to download Windows 10 to my 2017 iMac. I have plenty of disc space and have the latest version of Mohave. I Googled to see if there may be problems with this and found this discussion. Are there still issues like this or have they been resolved?...
  6. assign boot drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    assign boot drive: I have installed Samsung SSD and successfully cloned. I managed to bring the SSD online, but cannot delete or change drive name of C: drive. I removed SATA data cable on HDD, the SSD booted fine. But if connected both, HDD are always booted and become drive C:, SSD become E:...
  7. Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted

Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted: hello My Samsung 1TB portable harddisk was not being detected soI was searching online for a solution. And without thinking much i followed this guide which asked me to delete the upper and lower filters of the 4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 registry. "...
  8. Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update...: Installation of May update went ok with no problems...however pc boot up time went from 43 seconds to 2 minutes 53 seconds now...what is causing this.I have only 4 start up programs in taskbar apart from standard items ie clock,internet security, network connection etc. I...
  9. Windows attempting to delete contents of HDD upon boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows attempting to delete contents of HDD upon boot: Morning all, I've had this issue on two different machines now, both Dell one Latitude E5430 and the other a Latitude E7270 upon sign in i get a folder access denied box, requesting permission to delete files. If you press continue, there is a prompt for the UAC requesting...
  10. I have a dual boot with win7 & 10.

I have a dual boot with win7 & 10.: Well I started to use the crappy one {10} since you aren't going to support your best product ever. Well as soon as I got using it for first time it crashed. And now I can't get either os to work. And I also forget how to change the command prompt. And what drive will my...