Windows 10: boot time

Discus and support boot time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a notebook couple of Weks ago, Which was having Windows 10legal preinstalled. For couple or three days notebook seems perfect. But the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Spandan Nale, Mar 6, 2020.

1. boot time

I bought a notebook couple of Weks ago, Which was having Windows 10legal preinstalled. For couple or three days notebook seems perfect. But the next day I tried to turn my notebook ON, it was not. I tried every possible way to fix it, but I was failed to do so. So I decided to reset my notebook as I was not having important data on it, I successfully reset it. and the problem began to start, now my notebook takes like an year to book Approx5 - 6mins. I have tried every thing to sot my problem but IAM not able to do so. Can any one help me out regarding this.​

:)

Spandan Nale, Mar 6, 2020

2. query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 6, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 6, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

boot time

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

boot time

1. boot time - Similar Threads - boot

2. How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC: In theory you should go to the user account manager and uncheck a box that says that the user must enter their credentials to be able to log in, as shown in this image: But I don't have such option, as you can see:How do I do this then? I don't want to type my credentials...
  3. How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC: In theory you should go to the user account manager and uncheck a box that says that the user must enter their credentials to be able to log in, as shown in this image: But I don't have such option, as you can see:How do I do this then? I don't want to type my credentials...
  4. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot: Hello,My PC won't boot windows. It only shows the motherboard logo when starting up and then the screen goes black, my monitor indicates no signal. When I fail to boot a few times 3 I get into a blue screen menu with options. This allows me to boot windows in both safe mode...
  5. Windows won't boot

Windows won't boot: Hello,My PC won't boot windows. It only shows the motherboard logo when starting up and then the screen goes black, my monitor indicates no signal. When I fail to boot a few times 3 I get into a blue screen menu with options. This allows me to boot windows in both safe mode...
  6. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  8. boot problem

boot problem: i have hp pavilion all in one desktop and since i reset it have start up problems. Flashes error than boots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem/e2d9e3e7-2db6-4b5f-896b-3b195c2003a6
  9. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  10. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...