Windows 10: boot times and constant computer freeze

Discus and support boot times and constant computer freeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i bought a new dell laptop 2 weeks ago .i Its a dell laptop 4 gigs of ram.The cpu is an Intel i-7 and 320 hard drive. problem long boot time 3-4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dnmnbg, Aug 1, 2019.

1. dnmnbg Win User

boot times and constant computer freeze

i bought a new dell laptop 2 weeks ago .i Its a dell laptop 4 gigs of ram.The cpu is an Intel i-7 and 320 hard drive.

problem long boot time 3-4 minutes sometimes longer. the only programs i run is u torrent , Firefox, opera and bs player. The programs usually freeze for 2-3 minutes .Some times the laptop just starts loudly beeping and becomes unable to unfreeze.

i have turned off some services following a guide i found online. There are at lease 60 services that still go on in the background.
    I cant for some reason turn off the cortana voice even after following a guide.
    I cant even disable programs i dont use like Skype.
    Is there a list of services i can safety disable/ put on manual?

any info is a blessing ty for your time

:)

dnmnbg, Aug 1, 2019

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. boot times and constant computer freeze - Similar Threads - boot times constant

2. Computer constantly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer constantly freezing: My computer which is around 4-5 years old recently started freezing randomly between if its just idle on the lock screen or sometimes if its under load, didn't spot a pattern in what its busy doing. When it freezes audio still plays for like 10 seconds and then I'm just stuck...
  3. Computer constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly freezing: My computer which is around 4-5 years old recently started freezing randomly between if its just idle on the lock screen or sometimes if its under load, didn't spot a pattern in what its busy doing. When it freezes audio still plays for like 10 seconds and then I'm just stuck...
  4. Computer constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer freezing constantly

Computer freezing constantly: Hey there, I’ve got an issue where my laptop has started to freeze after less than 10 minutes of use, requiring a hard restart. Infromation that may be useful: • It is an HP Spectre running the latest version of Windows 10 • I tried updaing drivers and running various...
  6. Constant Computer Freezing

Constant Computer Freezing: Hi, So for at least 2 to 3 years now I have had my computer constantly freeze on me while playing games, and rarely when doing anything else. I've tried to power through it but I have had enough. Upon looking at forums on here I found one that seemed to have a problem...
  7. Computer freezes constantly

Computer freezes constantly: I have windows 10 and my computer freezes all day long. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-constantly/c00c7bf5-f38a-434d-bdf9-3703a43bcf42
  8. Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel

Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel: I'm beyond frustrated and I've run out of patience and ideas on how to fix this I apologize in advance for the long wall of text you're about to read but I'm at my wits end and I'm all out of ideas on how to fix this issue as I've tried literally every fix available both on...
  9. Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.: My computer will lock up constantly for several seconds at a time. At first I thought it was just with games but now I notice that it does it with everything. I've run my anti-virus (Avast!), chkdsk, sfc /scannow and I've defraged but the problem persists. I was looking up a...
  10. Computer constantly freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer constantly freezes: I have a Compaq/HP desk top which I've had for nearly 5 years. It's a 64 bit system with 4G of memory. The OS is windows 7. All of a sudden it freezes up. I can shut it down and when it boots up, it's fine for just a few minutes and then it freezes up again. I've tried...