Windows 10: Boot times for Windows 10 seem to slow when connected to the Internet.

Discus and support Boot times for Windows 10 seem to slow when connected to the Internet. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Boot time for windows 10 seems much slower when connected to the Internet. Anybody else find this to be true? 25501 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Oct 7, 2015.

1. socklosk Win User

Boot times for Windows 10 seem to slow when connected to the Internet.

Boot time for windows 10 seems much slower when connected to the Internet. Anybody else find this to be true?

:)

socklosk, Oct 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 slow process when connected to internet and failure to reset pc

It's great to hear that the machine is working well now, Jack. If there's a need to perform the steps on clearing the Software Distribution folder, you can delete everything within the folder. Do not delete the folder itself (Software Distribution folder).

If we can help you with anything else, feel free to contact us.

Aileen Alf, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Windows 10 slow process when connected to internet and failure to reset pc

That's awesome! We appreciate your response, and thanks for letting us know what helped resolve your concern. We're happy that your PC is now working fine. As a suggestion, we have an article that can help you find basic troubleshooting steps or information
    regarding Windows 10. See Windows 10 help. Also, just in case you'll need additional assistance in the future, don't hesitate
    to reach out to us. We're here to help.

Regards.

Maria Fab, Oct 7, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

It only takes my old beat up system about a minute if that long to get to the Lockscreen, another 20 seconds to come up after that. If it takes longer, it might be performing some system updates.

XweAponX, Oct 7, 2015
  5. socklosk Win User
    I have an SSD and it boots in seconds when not connected to the Internet, but about 20-30 seconds when connected.

socklosk, Oct 7, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Could be couple of things depending on which part of boot is slowing down. Waiting to sign in with MS account (try local account) or syncing with One Drive (turn it off for testing).

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot times for Windows 10 seem to slow when connected to the Internet. - Similar Threads - Boot times seem

2. Slow boot time when i connect the internal HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot time when i connect the internal HDD: For some reason, my laptop has a longer boot time by nearly a minute when i connect the Internal HDD that i have been using for 2 years. My boot drive is on the SSD and it boots up faster when i disconnect the SATA HDD drive.I ran a SMART test on the drive and it pass the...
  3. Slow boot time when i connect the internal HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot time when i connect the internal HDD: For some reason, my laptop has a longer boot time by nearly a minute when i connect the Internal HDD that i have been using for 2 years. My boot drive is on the SSD and it boots up faster when i disconnect the SATA HDD drive.I ran a SMART test on the drive and it pass the...
  4. Slow boot time when i connect the internal HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  6. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  7. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10: Hallo, I recently upgraded my Windows OS from 8.1 to Windows 10. The model of my computer is Acer Aspire E1. But my internet connection became very slow after that. I had to reinstall the driver of my wireless adapter but itsn't fix the problem. I tried to disabled windows...
  9. Slow Internet connection with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet connection with Windows 10: I have a new HP Notebook with Windows 10 Home 64 bit , but I have very slow wi-fi Internet connection wherever I go. I have a 1 TB hard disk and 8 GB system memory. Any way to speed things up? Thanks in advance....
  10. Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezes when internet connection is lost or slow.: I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and as you can imagine Microsoft support forums only provide stupid answers or extremely rudimentary steps by people/moderators that don't know how a computer works. The issue im having is that my OS freezes with the...