Windows 10: Boot Times

Discus and support Boot Times in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; today a record - 33 seconds! *chuckle averages before around 1.25 to 1.40 minutes 82359 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elbmek, Apr 18, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Boot Times

today a record - 33 seconds! *chuckle averages before around 1.25 to 1.40 minutes

:)

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Slow boot times

Hi Andrew, these boot times are not acceptable, especially after a clean install . . .

Have you checked your hard drive's health - that would cause this type of behaviour

Even 2 minutes is excessive, Windows 10 should boot in seconds rather than minutes, that is the whole point of Quick Start in Windows 10

What is the specs of you PC?

DaveM121, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Slow boot times

sorry realised the health check was truncated

Boot Times [​IMG]

AndrewTaylor3, Apr 18, 2017
  4. M4v3r1ck Win User

Boot Times

I'm still looking at 2:45 min!
    Boot Times [​IMG]

M4v3r1ck, Apr 18, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Less than 15 seconds here.

CountMike, Apr 19, 2017
  6. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Boot Times [​IMG]
    What's your secret?

Cheer

M4v3r1ck, Apr 19, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Small number of startup programs and good SATA/AHCI drivers I guess. Before these last ones it was few seconds longer. Also legacy BIOS with everything set manually in it. It spends only 3 seconds until windows start loading. Permanent wired internet connection for fast sign in to account. Those 15 seconds doesn't include 5 seconds for dual boot menu, if I let it go with it it goes to 20 seconds from start button push.

CountMike, Apr 19, 2017
  8. M4v3r1ck Win User

Boot Times

Wow! Those are boot times my system deserves too, my lag is in pre Windows startup. Please note I have a hybride Mac Pro. So when selecting the Windows EFI boot SSD, my screen goes black for about 2 minutes. Mmm need some tweaking done then!

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Apr 19, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    Well there you go, that's where your delay is. How long after it goes thru that part ? That's your actual windows boot time.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot Times

1. Boot Times - Similar Threads - Boot Times

2. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  3. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  4. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  6. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  7. BSOD "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" every time I boot up my pc for the past 2 days....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" every time I boot up my pc for the past 2 days....: Hi all, This error has been happening for the past 1-2 day every time I start up my pc at first. After it runs into error, it auto restarts and resolves by itself, but when I start it up the next time, it does the same thing again auto restart then resolves by itself, just...
  8. BSOD "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" every time I boot up my pc for the past 2 days....

BSOD "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" every time I boot up my pc for the past 2 days....: Hi all, This error has been happening for the past 1-2 day every time I start up my pc at first. After it runs into error, it auto restarts and resolves by itself, but when I start it up the next time, it does the same thing again auto restart then resolves by itself, just...
  9. Keeps running into "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error every time I boot up my pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeps running into "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error every time I boot up my pc...: Hi all, This error has been happening for the past 1-2 day every time I start up my pc at first. After it runs into error, it auto restarts and resolves by itself, but when I start it up the next time, it does the same thing again auto restart then resolves by itself, just...
  10. Keeps running into "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error every time I boot up my pc...

Keeps running into "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error every time I boot up my pc...: Hi all, This error has been happening for the past 1-2 day every time I start up my pc at first. After it runs into error, it auto restarts and resolves by itself, but when I start it up the next time, it does the same thing again auto restart then resolves by itself, just...