Windows 10: Boot to BIOS after crash

Discus and support Boot to BIOS after crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop crashed when coming out of sleep and keeps booting to the BIOS. I think the boot partition got fucked somehow because I don't see it as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/clam_shelle, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Boot to BIOS after crash

My laptop crashed when coming out of sleep and keeps booting to the BIOS. I think the boot partition got fucked somehow because I don't see it as a BIOS option...

Any ideas?

I'm going to boot to an Ubuntu build on USB in a few hours.

submitted by /u/clam_shelle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/clam_shelle, Dec 10, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Dec 10, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Boot to BIOS after crash

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Boot to BIOS after crash

1. Boot to BIOS after crash - Similar Threads - Boot BIOS crash

2. computer only boots into bios after crashing please help :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer only boots into bios after crashing please help :: So I was just watching YouTube then suddenly a blue screen hit saying windows critical process died and then I restarted my pc and all it does it boot into bios. i then tried to reinstall windows by first disconnect my hdd and only leaving my ssd and it said windows cannot be...
  3. computer only boots into bios after crashing please help :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer only boots into bios after crashing please help :: So I was just watching YouTube then suddenly a blue screen hit saying windows critical process died and then I restarted my pc and all it does it boot into bios. i then tried to reinstall windows by first disconnect my hdd and only leaving my ssd and it said windows cannot be...
  4. computer only boots into bios after crashing please help :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stock on Bios after boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stock on Bios after boot: I just installed a new M.2 and 2 fans. Everything seemed fine until I turned it on. It started then on Bios and keep doing so after restarting. The boot sequence isn't right but every time I change it, it changes back to the wrong one.What to do? Motherboard: Aorus...
  6. Stock on Bios after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stock on Bios after boot: I just installed a new M.2 and 2 fans. Everything seemed fine until I turned it on. It started then on Bios and keep doing so after restarting. The boot sequence isn't right but every time I change it, it changes back to the wrong one.What to do? Motherboard: Aorus...
  7. Crashes after boot

Crashes after boot: Okay, so.Whenever my desktop computer has been off for a while like overnight, or when I am at work for the day, it always crashes post boot.It will boot fine, all the way into Windows. I can use it or just leave it sitting there for anywhere from 3 to maybe 30 minutes, and...
  8. Crash after bios update.

Crash after bios update.: Hello. Good Day, I have 2 O.S installed in my Asus X55C installed with Windows 10 and Ubuntu . After bios update my Windows crashed and showed me blue screen of death so I ran into bios I noticed that my SATA Configuration was changed from IDE to ACHI. So I reverted it to...
  9. Bios crashed and laptop not booting any solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bios crashed and laptop not booting any solution: Ethernet cable was connected to laptop so there was some BIOS update and a friendly mistakenly shut the machine and that was the end. It does not boot...
  10. PC crashes and changes BIOS boot options.

PC crashes and changes BIOS boot options.: I have had my PC for about 5 years, and it just started some of its first reoccurring erratic behavior. It seems now that, at random, the PC will freeze and flash the blue screen then shut down. It does it so fast that I can never see the error code. When I go to boot it...