Windows 10: Boot to black screen

Discus and support Boot to black screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; About a month or so ago my computers windows had been corrupted so I had to do a clean boot from a usb and everything was working fine until now, my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NichoDud8, Nov 20, 2021.

1. NichoDud8 Win User

Boot to black screen

About a month or so ago my computers windows had been corrupted so I had to do a clean boot from a usb and everything was working fine until now, my pc started freezing but I could still move my cursor, this happened a couple of time so I restarted my pc and it got stuck on the blue windows loading screen, one more restart and now it is always booting to a black screen

:)

NichoDud8, Nov 20, 2021
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 20, 2021
  3. Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Nov 20, 2021
  4. Boot to black screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

Boot to black screen

1. Boot to black screen - Similar Threads - Boot black screen

2. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on boot: Hey, My laptop black screens on boot, and power cycling it opens a screen that says "Automatic RepairYour PC did not start correctly"I then have 2 buttons, Restart, and Advanced Options.Clicking Advanced Options, Troubleshoot, Advanced Options brings me to a screen with 6...
  3. booting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    booting to black screen: Hi everyone.minor issue to be honest but its getting tedious so im hoping some can shed some light.any time i boot my lptop up, it loads to a black screen. the only temporary fix ive found is to hard power down nd reboot, everything else works fine once its loaded but its...
  4. booting to black screen

booting to black screen: Hi everyone.minor issue to be honest but its getting tedious so im hoping some can shed some light.any time i boot my lptop up, it loads to a black screen. the only temporary fix ive found is to hard power down nd reboot, everything else works fine once its loaded but its...
  5. Black Screen on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen on Boot: When I boot my pc It loads past the bios, then I get the circle loading symbol. This fades away and I am left with a black screen more grey because the screen is still on. I Think it is a problem with my SSD. I put in a separate Hard drive to test and it works fine. I ended...
  6. Black Screen on Boot

Black Screen on Boot: When I boot my pc It loads past the bios, then I get the circle loading symbol. This fades away and I am left with a black screen more grey because the screen is still on. I Think it is a problem with my SSD. I put in a separate Hard drive to test and it works fine. I ended...
  7. Black Screen on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on boot: On my laptop I have been running into an issue with boot times which I swear is only getting worse. After the Lenovo boot screen where I am able to enter bios, I encounter a black screen which lasts around 25 to 30 seconds. Here is the system specs: Lenovo E540 i7-4702MQ...
  9. Black screen on boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on boot.: So it seems there has been a big update and Windows 10 wanted me to reboot the system. So i did exactly that. It did the usual update progress stuff before shutting down, then it boots, you hear a beep, the monitor gets a signal aaaaaaand nothing. Just a black screen. I left...
  10. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...