Windows 10: Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information

Discus and support Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, so Ive scoured the intrawebs for how to get a complete P.O.S.T. (Power ON Self Test) for UEFI and found exactly nothing. Enabling the P.O.S.T.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by youzername, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information

Hello, so Ive scoured the intrawebs for how to get a complete P.O.S.T. (Power ON Self Test) for UEFI and found exactly nothing.

Enabling the P.O.S.T. verbose in UEFI shows nothing verbose at all, just detection of devices and no info whatsoever, and also not able to save the result to file.

Ive encountered many recovery tools rfind, edk but none are suitable for this purpose.

Ideally I would like to get a complete P.O.S.T. to examine where the slowest portions are or if some checks can be disabled in order to streamline the P.O.S.T. process.

Any suggestions?

:)

youzername, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

EFI Shell booting after problem with reset

Thank you for the information.

Here's another
    link
    with some solutions and troubleshooting steps that might help.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    EFI shell

Hi,

To resolve your issue with EFI shell, we suggest updating the BIOS of your computer. For better assistance, please contact the manufacturer of your computer.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Jan 23, 2021
  4. UrbanKaos Win User

Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information

EFI Shell booting after problem with reset

Tried to reset a Windows 10" Tablet PC running Windows 10....

I think instead of pressing the reset to keep the Tablet, I pressed the one under it by mistake (to do if getting rid of it), not sure if this is the issue.

It didn't complete and ended up with a problem resetting page,

I had then left it as it was late at night, and the next morning I started it up and it was booting into EFI Shell, I did research and typed in exit, twice, and it took me to the Utility page, but not much on there that helped, on the boot page it didn't
    have the usual Windows and so on.

I've tried a few things people have suggested but now i'm just completely stuck, I tried to make a flash USB drive (on my iMac using a downloaded Windows 10 iso and using Etcher app to create the USB, obviously with 1 USB port on the tablet it was hard as
    I need a keyboard too so I used a USB hub for the drive and keyboard, but again, on the boot page the USB wouldn't show so I couldn't boot from the USB.

Every single time I book it asks for my password (I created in Utility) then straight to EFI Shell page...

I tried turning it on and pressing F11 as I read somewhere but it didn't do anything.

It's the Tesco Connect 10.1 Windows PC.

If I put in Shell> fs0:

fs0:\> dir

I get

0 Recovery.txt

16,384 WINDOWS (in blue)

Also, on the Boot page on Aptio Setup Utilities, there is only 1 Boot Option, and that is UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell,

there's no options to add any others.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just did a Windows iso flash on a SD card too, that way I can have the SD card in along with the keyboard (with no hub), but still nothing new shows up on the Utility page.

UrbanKaos, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information

1. Boot to EFI shell and gather UEFI POST information - Similar Threads - Boot EFI shell

2. Stuck in Efi shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Efi shell: Laptop stuck in efi shell.Efi shell version 2.50 5.12. there are no fs direcories only blk0 to blk3.In bios I'm unable to boot using bootfile options. I suspect I need to find the proper directories within the blk. And find startup.nsh from there. Somebody please bless me...
  3. Stuck in Efi shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Efi shell: Laptop stuck in efi shell.Efi shell version 2.50 5.12. there are no fs direcories only blk0 to blk3.In bios I'm unable to boot using bootfile options. I suspect I need to find the proper directories within the blk. And find startup.nsh from there. Somebody please bless me...
  4. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi: Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size.Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and...
  5. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi: Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size.Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and...
  6. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck in EFI Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in EFI Shell: I have a smartab STW1050 tablet that is won’t start up. When I turn it on it says:"EFI Shell version 2.40 [5.11]Current running mode 1.1.2Device mapping table fs0... fs1... fs2... blk0... blk1... blk2... blk3... blk4... blk5... blk6...“Press ESC in 1 seconds to skip...
  8. Stuck in EFI Shell

Stuck in EFI Shell: I have a smartab STW1050 tablet that is won’t start up. When I turn it on it says:"EFI Shell version 2.40 [5.11]Current running mode 1.1.2Device mapping table fs0... fs1... fs2... blk0... blk1... blk2... blk3... blk4... blk5... blk6...“Press ESC in 1 seconds to skip...
  9. Stuck in EFI Shell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. EFI Shell Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EFI Shell Frozen: Error 0xc0000225 missing file on a tablet, so I made a recovery drive using another laptop. Then, instead of the page where you select a language then repair it was shown on all instructional websites, the same blue screen appeared for a few more startups and wouldn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My pc displays fs1 fs2 blk0 in booting windows