Windows 10: Boot to linux OS from windows with a command

Discus and support Boot to linux OS from windows with a command in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello guys, i am using Windows 10 Version 21H1 19043.1023 i have also installed linux on my other drive, and i am using UEFI boot mode with fast boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m1s3rys1gn4l, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Boot to linux OS from windows with a command

hello guys, i am using Windows 10 Version 21H1 19043.1023 i have also installed linux on my other drive, and i am using UEFI boot mode with fast boot enabled, i would like to know, can make any command shortcut that will reboot windows and boot to my linux os automatically ? as i am using Fastboot mode enable maximum time pressing F12 for boot selection is not workng.

:)

m1s3rys1gn4l, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Boot to linux OS from windows with a command :)

Naki, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jun 3, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Boot to linux OS from windows with a command

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Boot to linux OS from windows with a command

1. Boot to linux OS from windows with a command - Similar Threads - Boot linux command

2. How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.: I have this laptop that I bought with Windows already on it. I was trying to put a second OS on it but instead I completely replaced Windows with Debian. Now I'd like to switch back but when I boot from USB to install windows I get an error saying I'm missing a driver....
  3. How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.: I have this laptop that I bought with Windows already on it. I was trying to put a second OS on it but instead I completely replaced Windows with Debian. Now I'd like to switch back but when I boot from USB to install windows I get an error saying I'm missing a driver....
  4. How do I install Windows from a Linux OS.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Linux Command on windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linux Command on windows: Hello, Everyone, my name is Arslan Iftikhar and today my question is pretty odd. So, you see I am using Windows Subsystem for Linux for over a year now with Kali Linux installed on my windows 10 with WSL right now I have WSL2 on my insider build 20197. The problem is...
  6. booting linux from USB

booting linux from USB: Hey guys, i have the surface laptop 2, and i have been trying to boot linux from the USB but nothing works. i used Rufus and format the usb FAT32. i tried to boot on my other laptop Acer and it worked fine. should i turn off the security boot and TMP ? i tried to change the...
  7. Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS: Hello, recently I have installed a Linux based operating system (Parrot specifically if it helps) via Unetbootin, and realised I should have just used it from live boots and not change the whole operating system. Now I am stuck, all the USB Boot softwares seem to be Windows...
  8. Linux command in Windows PowerShell

Linux command in Windows PowerShell: When did Windows incorporate Linux command in PowerShell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-command-in-windows-powershell/a5a16d50-78a3-4d90-9965-d60d3b550231
  9. Returning PC OS from Linux to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Returning PC OS from Linux to Windows: A friend of mine, with even less know how than me, wants to see if she can return her PC from Linux (which she does not like), to Windows OS. The machine had Windows on it previously, though we are not sure which version. I am trying to find some advice for her. As a...
  10. Boot from a linux DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a linux DVD: Can someone give a simple method so I can boot from a DVD drive which has a linux DVD? I am not interested in having duel boot capability. 53972