Windows 10: Boot to start menu in 10?

Discus and support Boot to start menu in 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One of the reasons I liked 8 so much was the start menu design and I have had to upgrade to 10 but I want to know If it is possible for me to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bogotesr, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Boot to start menu in 10?

One of the reasons I liked 8 so much was the start menu design and I have had to upgrade to 10 but I want to know If it is possible for me to make it be at the start menu after I log in?

submitted by /u/bogotesr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bogotesr, Jan 13, 2021

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Boot to start menu in 10?

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Boot to start menu in 10?

1. Boot to start menu in 10? - Similar Threads - Boot start menu

2. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  3. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  4. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen: Hi everyone, my Samsung pc is stuck at boot menu screen as shown in the pic. I have come across this problem before, but I was able to use the tab button to select app menu and rectify the problem. However, this time my tab button isn't responding anymore, enter button on any...
  6. Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen: Hi everyone, my Samsung pc is stuck at boot menu screen as shown in the pic. I have come across this problem before, but I was able to use the tab button to select app menu and rectify the problem. However, this time my tab button isn't responding anymore, enter button on any...
  7. Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?: I have 2 operating systems on my PC (on one SSD) and I always have to press F11 before Windows starts for this boot menu or something... How do I make it start automatically/is that possible? Boot Menu bei PC Start Automatisch öffnen?
  8. Boot to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot to Start Menu: I would like to boot up my Windows 10 ver 1903 to boot up to the start Menu rather than the desktop. All the replies on this topic are for old versions of Windows and cannot be followed. It seems that such a simple option would have a setting for this. How do I boot up to...
  9. Windows 10 boot/login slow and no start menu and notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 boot/login slow and no start menu and notifications: Hey, when i turn on my computer, and type in my account password, i wait a minute to log in, but i have a ssd, and 3 days ago it took only a few seconds. Also, after i type in my password, i hear Windows 10 error chime every minute or two, until i turn off my pc. And when i...
  10. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu context menu on Windows 10: Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues. 1. I can't get rid of Open file location when...