Windows 10: Boot to Start Menu

Discus and support Boot to Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to boot up my Windows 10 ver 1903 to boot up to the start Menu rather than the desktop. All the replies on this topic are for old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdDanielsCC, May 23, 2020.

1. Boot to Start Menu

I would like to boot up my Windows 10 ver 1903 to boot up to the start Menu rather than the desktop.

All the replies on this topic are for old versions of Windows and cannot be followed. It seems that such a simple option would have a setting for this.

How do I boot up to tiles page aka Start Menu?

:)

EdDanielsCC, May 23, 2020

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 23, 2020
  4. Boot to Start Menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Boot to Start Menu

1. Boot to Start Menu - Similar Threads - Boot Start Menu

2. Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.: During the initial Windows 11 boot at the desktop. The start menu will pop up without any interaction from the user. I would like to suppress this feature upon first boot through a registry key if possible. Is there an additional synchronous cmd we an add to an unattend file?...
  3. Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.: During the initial Windows 11 boot at the desktop. The start menu will pop up without any interaction from the user. I would like to suppress this feature upon first boot through a registry key if possible. Is there an additional synchronous cmd we an add to an unattend file?...
  4. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  5. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  6. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Boot to start menu in 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot to start menu in 10?: One of the reasons I liked 8 so much was the start menu design and I have had to upgrade to 10 but I want to know If it is possible for me to make it be at the start menu after I log in? submitted by /u/bogotesr [link] [comments]...
  8. Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?: I have 2 operating systems on my PC (on one SSD) and I always have to press F11 before Windows starts for this boot menu or something... How do I make it start automatically/is that possible? Boot Menu bei PC Start Automatisch öffnen?
  9. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  10. Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up: My ASUS laptop is only a few months old and has been working fine when a few days ago the Start Menu stopped working, as well as Cortana and File Explorer disappeared. My attempts to fix the problem may have made it worse as now I’m getting a BSOD. I’ll try to provide as much...