Windows 10: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

Discus and support Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello Peter, *Smile Usually, you can also perform a hard shutdown or restart 2 to 3 times in a row to be able to access advanced startup to get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Case1, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

Hello Peter, *Smile

Usually, you can also perform a hard shutdown or restart 2 to 3 times in a row to be able to access advanced startup to get to the UEFI firmware settings.

Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 10, 2017

2. Hello Brink and thank you for your reply.
    I am feeling rather dim here as I don't know what you mean by a hard shutdown or how that gets me into UEFI settings.
    Any chance of a little more detail?

Peter

PeterAstle, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    A hard shutdown is pressing the power button on the computer case until the PC powers off. Doing that 2 to 3 times in a row will often trigger booting to Windows recovery (WinRE) to be able to boot to advanced startup where you can use the same method in the tutorial for UEFI firmware settings.

Brink, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

Thanks Brink - sorted!

PeterAstle, Mar 11, 2017
  5. tfwul Win User
    Hello Brink,
    Thanks for the tutorial. Meanwhile, many users will be using both SSD(s) and HDD(s)

The SSD(s) may be based on MBR whereas the HDDs are using GPT.

For example: I have 2 SSD's and multiple HDD's.
    The HDD's are all GPT and SSD's are MBR.

Below you see the boot SSD containing reserved space and a recovery partition (created at the CU update)

First of all: question is whether SSD can be changed from MBR to GPT without harm.
    (Any pros/cons)
    Secondly I assume that Windows needs to be re-installed from scratch.

=

Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 [​IMG]

=

tfwul, May 21, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 21, 2017
  7. tfwul Win User
    Thanks @Brink

Regretfully it is installed in 'Legacy BIOS-mode'.

=

Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 [​IMG]

=

Frankly, I looked over the screenshots I made during the setup, but I did not see an option to install it differently (=in UEFI mode).

=

tfwul, May 21, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 21, 2017
  9. tfwul Win User
    Thanks.
    In order not to make a mess asking questions about a different matter, I have posted my questions under
    "Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials "
    obviously there is some overlapping, which please accept.
    =

tfwul, May 21, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    *Thumbs

No problem. I posted there.

Brink, May 21, 2017
  11. THX1138 Win User
    This takes more time and more effort than simply restarting and waiting for the moment to spam the Delete or F2 buttons. This method requires the PC to restart twice. Why does this tutorial exist? ASUS has a utility which can restart directly from Windows into the UEFI in a single restart but this feature (the one detailed in this tutorial) seems totally pointless.

THX1138, Aug 26, 2017
  12. cereberus Win User
    Not all devices have such facilities. On many, particularly with SSDs and fastboot enabled, spamming does not get you to bios as it boots too quick. Worse still, some devices are UEFI only, and legacy bios spamming does not work.

cereberus, Aug 26, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

This tutorial exists to help make people aware of this option from within Windows 10 (if able) since it's not always as easy to do at boot.

The multiple restarting you're referring to is referenced in Option 6 of the tutorial below instead. That's not what this tutorial is about since it's not from within Windows 10.

*Arrow Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot UEFI Firmware

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  4. uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing: Hi, I want to install windows 7 on my HP EliteBook 8560p. Now I have Windows 10. To install it I have to go on troubleshooting advanced options and press uefi firmware settings windows 10 which do not shows there,but I saw that my laptop supports UEFI. How can I find it...
  5. UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10: Dear Friends, Why is UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10? [ATTACH] But in another Windows 10, I see this option. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-firmware-setting-missing-on-windows-10/d5160b6d-53c0-4e4b-9a94-2ca80be2ba66
  6. UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]UEFI is one of the most important pieces of software when it comes to booting an operating system on a computer. BIOS being an alternative to UEFI already is less preferred when compared to it. Whether UEFI or BIOS is [...] This post UEFI Firmware settings...
  7. UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG: Hello all, My system specs are the following: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated, also confirmed by Slimdrivers. Samsung Series 5 ULTRA 530U4C-S02PT Also: It is an hybrid drive, 1TB HDD & 24GB SSD that is supposedly well...
  8. UEFI firmware settings screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings screen: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (32Bit), Since, I have lost access to my DVD drive. The Device Manager shows: [img] The drive has always been connected and worked fine with Windows 7; the hardware has never been altered or messed about with. So I decided...
  9. Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is a standard firmware interface for PCs, designed to replace BIOS...
  10. Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10: How to: Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information Most computers have a specific key which when pressed when computer is started lets user to access UEFI (Firmware) settings. On laptop I'm using to write this, it's the ESC key....