Windows 10: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

Discus and support Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 How to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Case1, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Case1 Win User

Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

How to: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

How to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is a standard firmware interface for PCs, designed to replace BIOS (basic input/output system). This standard was created by over 140 technology companies as part of the UEFI consortium, including Microsoft. It's designed to improve software interoperability and address limitations of BIOS.

This tutorial will show you how to boot directly to your motherboard's UEFI firmware settings from inside Windows 10.

Note This only applies if your PC's motherboard has a UEFI firmware chip instead of a BIOS chipset.

This only applies if Windows 10 was installed using UEFI, and not legacy BIOS (CSM).

See: How to Check if Windows 10 is using UEFI or Legacy BIOS

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from Settings
    • Option Two: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from Command Prompt

EXAMPLE: UEFI Firmware Settings for ASRock X79 Extreme11

OPTION ONE [/i] Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart now under Advanced startup. (see screenshot below)

3. After the PC restarts, click/tap on Troubleshoot. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Advanced options. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on UEFI Firmware Settings. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Restart to boot into your UEFI firmware settings. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (with message)
    *Arrow shutdown /r /fw

OR

(instant without message)
    *Arrow shutdown /r /fw /t 0

3. If you used the first command, you will now get a You're about to be signed out message before the PC automatically restarts and boots directly to your BIOS or UEFI firmware settings. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Case1, Jan 15, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 15, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 15, 2016
  5. vedz91 Win User
    Hi Shawn

I have asus gl552jx machineand it is configured for uefi boot, but I am still not able to access the UEFI BIOS utility tool. When I do the above steps, I land on the normal BIOS configuration where I have only 1 boot option for windows.

vedz91, May 1, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 1, 2016
  7. vedz91 Win User
    Thanks, Brinks.

It opens the same old Windows BIOS, nothing like the ASROCK UEFI BIOS utility...*Sad

vedz91, May 1, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 1, 2016
  9. raja Win User
    i hav asus h170 m plus mobo it has uefi but firmware settings not shown in win 10 i could not proceed with uefi why my mobo supports uefi but

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello raja, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Double check using the tutorial below to see if you have Windows 10 installed using UEIF or Legacy BIOS. If BIOS, then you won't have the UEFI Firmware options available.

BIOS Mode - See if Windows Boot in UEFI or Legacy Mode

Brink, Jun 10, 2016
  11. Thanks a bunch for this tutorial Brink.
    Unfortunately my Acer Predator G3-710 desktop, boots into BIOS.
    I followed your tutorial to identify if my pc is in BIOS or UEFI mode. It is in UEFI mode, no doubt.
    Any idea what should I do next?

DPC

drpeppercan, Oct 4, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello DPC, *Smile

After searching online, it appears that your Acer Predator G3-710 has a BIOS type UI for its UEFI firmware settings.

Brink, Oct 4, 2016
  13. Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

Mmm, does that mean that I should be able to find Fast Boot this way?
    Or it would not be there at all?
    I was hoping I could find a some kind of firmware patch to make my BIOS-looking UEFI look and behave like a regular UEFI, but I'm not finding anything like this *Sad

drpeppercan, Oct 4, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 4, 2016
  15. This is a hypothetical question.
    I have UEFI and can access settings from within Windows 10 without a problem.
    I have a system image on an external USB HDD created by NTI software which makes the drive bootable.
    but can't find how to boot from my external drive if the worst comes to the worst and Windows 10 will not start. I can only access UEFI settings (where the boot order can be changed) from WITHIN Windows 10.
    This process was very simple with the older BIOS systems by just pressing DEL or F12 at startup and changing the boot order.
    Any pointers much appreciated.

PeterAstle, Mar 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot UEFI Firmware

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  4. uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing: Hi, I want to install windows 7 on my HP EliteBook 8560p. Now I have Windows 10. To install it I have to go on troubleshooting advanced options and press uefi firmware settings windows 10 which do not shows there,but I saw that my laptop supports UEFI. How can I find it...
  5. UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10: Dear Friends, Why is UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10? [ATTACH] But in another Windows 10, I see this option. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-firmware-setting-missing-on-windows-10/d5160b6d-53c0-4e4b-9a94-2ca80be2ba66
  6. UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]UEFI is one of the most important pieces of software when it comes to booting an operating system on a computer. BIOS being an alternative to UEFI already is less preferred when compared to it. Whether UEFI or BIOS is [...] This post UEFI Firmware settings...
  7. UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG: Hello all, My system specs are the following: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated, also confirmed by Slimdrivers. Samsung Series 5 ULTRA 530U4C-S02PT Also: It is an hybrid drive, 1TB HDD & 24GB SSD that is supposedly well...
  8. UEFI firmware settings screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings screen: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (32Bit), Since, I have lost access to my DVD drive. The Device Manager shows: [img] The drive has always been connected and worked fine with Windows 7; the hardware has never been altered or messed about with. So I decided...
  9. Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is a standard firmware interface for PCs, designed to replace BIOS...
  10. Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10: How to: Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information Most computers have a specific key which when pressed when computer is started lets user to access UEFI (Firmware) settings. On laptop I'm using to write this, it's the ESC key....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what should acer UEFI look like

2. i do not see uefi firmware settings

3. i dont see uefi firmware settings

4. uefi firmware settings windows 10,
  5. uefi firmware settings from inside windows 10