Windows 10: Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

Discus and support Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wendycourtney, May 7, 2020.

1. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot.

I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub.

I have heard that deleting the ubuntu can also delete the boot start up instructions and I will now need a windows recovery usb.

what download can i use to recovery my windows 10.

:)

wendycourtney, May 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Installer deletes linux partition

I have a Ubuntu and windows dual-boot and while upgrading to widows 10 during one of the restarts grub wouldn't boot a partition and went into recovery so I used a Ubuntu live CD and GParted informed
    me that my linux partition was missing. It was listed as un-allocated. This means that the Windows 10 installer deleted that partition. (The helpdesk told me to post it here)

dutchessssssss, May 7, 2020
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, May 7, 2020
  4. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

moving my linux mint partition to another hard drive

That would be safer indeed. To avoid any confusion, i would suggest you unplug your 3TB during installation.

After the installation, plug the 3TB back online. At that point, both hard drives will be bootable, so you'll have to set the highest priority to your 1TB in the bios boot sequence.

Boot on your freshly installed linux mint, and delete the old linux mint partition + associated swap, then run the sudo update-grub command, and your windows partition should be added to the bootloader menu.

blobster21, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

1. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition - Similar Threads - Boot linux deleted

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  5. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  6. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  7. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot: [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used...
  8. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  9. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB): I have a single disk laptop which I installed KDE Neon on. Now I want to remove it. Will I be able to simply download AOMEI tool and delete the Linux partition and use the built in fixmbr option? Every tutorial on yt has comments saying command lines are unreliable and I’m...
  10. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...