Windows 10: Boot Up Error Message

Discus and support Boot Up Error Message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was running Avast free and have gone to Bitdefender. I ran the Avastclear program to totally uninstall Avast. Now when I boot my computer it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CChamp, Nov 25, 2019.

1. CChamp Win User

Boot Up Error Message

I was running Avast free and have gone to Bitdefender. I ran the Avastclear program to totally uninstall Avast. Now when I boot my computer it keeps asking what operating system I want to run. Does anyone know how to make it go to a straight Win 10 boot like before? Also, I tried doing a system restore but of course that didn't work (twice). Thanks in advance

Boot Up Error Message [​IMG]

:)

CChamp, Nov 25, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Boot Up Error Message

Wiped Hard Drive Can't Boot Vista

I did try every possible boot order and even with deactivated options, which I don't even know how or if that is helpful. I will try the Vista possibilities. The OS was listed in the BIOS, whatever that means, and it said it was a factory version, which I think is a good thing.

The PXE error messages may have occurred when I activated the network adapter and tried that in the boot order. Obviously, I am in way over my head. Thanks for the suggestions!

Techtardette, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Boot Up Error Message

1. Boot Up Error Message - Similar Threads - Boot Error Message

2. Error message in booting windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in booting windows 10: Hi, I am getting this error message windows/system32/osloader.efi is missing or corrupted.Please proceed with startup repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-in-booting-windows-10/3bfaf1cb-5e62-4008-adc4-995f28cea203
  3. Alternating boot failure at start-up; no error messages, just blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternating boot failure at start-up; no error messages, just blank: Windows 10 64-bit fails to boot on every other power-on. I use a large power supply with an ATX switch - this is turned off every time I power down. Everything was working fine until recently, when this problem suddenly appeared. I turn on the ATX power switch, press the...
  4. Boot up errors

Boot up errors: I have had my Dell Inspiron 7359 for around 2 years. My computer has an Intel i-5 6200u, and 4 gigs of ram. It was working fine, I had it connected to an external monitor with wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard. But I had been inactive for around two weeks on it. It was...
  5. Error booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error booting up: tried to open my lap top this morning and I received an error message, there is a count down and the computer reboots in a continuous loop can not open the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-booting-up/0b394619-bef6-42a7-aab8-afd4e86296ea
  6. RunDLL Error Message on Start Up

RunDLL Error Message on Start Up: Upon start up, I get this error message. What is causing it? This is a new HP Pavillion x360 Convertible using Windows 10 Home. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error-message-on-start-up/0f7ab080-06ef-44ab-9bfa-2f81755df4d4
  7. Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot

Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot: I have W10 and W7 on separate drives, and used the information on this thread Solved EasyBCD Dual Boot management for Win10 and Win7 on separate drives - Windows 10 Forums to enable dual booting without using the F8. The dual boot was followed from the W10 installation, and...
  8. Error message "uncountable boot volume" on start up then black screen

Error message "uncountable boot volume" on start up then black screen: Hi, when restarting my laptop after a windows 10 update yesterday, got an " unmountable boot volume" message on start up with windows trying to repair but then goes to a black screen with nothing but a white cursor. only displaying black screen. any guidance appreciated....
  9. Computer crashed, can't boot up. Error message : oxc000000f

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashed, can't boot up. Error message : oxc000000f: I have an acer aspire TC-705 that I recently purchased. It's specs are: Intel i5 quad core processor 3.2 GHZ 16G RAM 1 Tb HDD Win 10 home I was online and just clicked to close the browser when a error message flashed across the screen and the computer shut down. I...
  10. Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop: I just upgraded my Dell Latitude E6400 from Win7 to Win10 1030 (not clean install). Everything looked good a first and I did the first set of Windows Updates. Shutoff laptop and set aside. I just cam back to it and upon restarting I get an error message. There is a...