Windows 10: Boot up error with Defender

Discus and support Boot up error with Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I boot up I get a message saying my firewall is off and to click to turn it on. My firewall is being managed by Kapersky Internet Security.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidWomelsdorf, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Boot up error with Defender

Every time I boot up I get a message saying my firewall is off and to click to turn it on. My firewall is being managed by Kapersky Internet Security. I have tried to turn off the notification but have not been successful. Any ideas how to turn off the notification?

:)

DavidWomelsdorf, Sep 6, 2019

2. Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 6, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 6, 2019
  4. reverze Win User

Boot up error with Defender

vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Boot up error with Defender

1. Boot up error with Defender - Similar Threads - Boot error Defender

2. windows boot up error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows boot up error: I was playing a game on my windows pc, when all of a sudden a green screen flicker same on shown in the picture came and after that shut downever since then, when I boot up windows i see the windows logo appear with the buffering and as soon as it loads up this screen appears...
  3. NScexe error at boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NScexe error at boot up: what application does NScexe run? I keep getting error message every time I boot up "NScexe - application error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xx0000142. Click OKto close the application". Thanks, Chuck...
  4. NScexe error at boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    NScexe error at boot up: what application does NScexe run? I keep getting error message every time I boot up "NScexe - application error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xx0000142. Click OKto close the application". Thanks, Chuck...
  5. NScexe error at boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Registry error on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry error on boot up: So earlier today I was on my windows 10 PC when suddenly I got a blue screen error message with the error code being Registry error. So this has happened to me before and all I had to do is force shut down my pc and it was fixed. I tried that again today and when my pc booted...
  7. Windows Defender - 100% CPU on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender - 100% CPU on boot up: I've been looking online on how to fix this? It happens quite a lot, but not on every boot. I've just noted though, I have installations across the board of this file. Or is this correct? C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2004.6-0...
  8. ERROR CODE AT BOOT UP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ERROR CODE AT BOOT UP: I GET THE FOLLOWING ERROR COPDFE AT BOOTUP 1720-SMART DRIVE DETECTS IMMINENT FAILURE FALLING DRIVE SATA BLACK FAILLING ATRABUTE #01 TO MINAMIZE RISK OF DATA LOSS BACKUP AND RUN DPS SELF TEST IN SETUP...
  9. Boot up errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up errors: I have had my Dell Inspiron 7359 for around 2 years. My computer has an Intel i-5 6200u, and 4 gigs of ram. It was working fine, I had it connected to an external monitor with wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard. But I had been inactive for around two weeks on it. It was...
  10. Error booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error booting up: tried to open my lap top this morning and I received an error message, there is a count down and the computer reboots in a continuous loop can not open the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-booting-up/0b394619-bef6-42a7-aab8-afd4e86296ea