Windows 10: Boot up errors

Discus and support Boot up errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had my Dell Inspiron 7359 for around 2 years. My computer has an Intel i-5 6200u, and 4 gigs of ram. It was working fine, I had it connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EwenSchafer, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Boot up errors

I have had my Dell Inspiron 7359 for around 2 years. My computer has an Intel i-5 6200u, and 4 gigs of ram. It was working fine, I had it connected to an external monitor with wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard. But I had been inactive for around two weeks on it. It was working totally fine before I was away from my computer. But when I went to get back on, I couldn't get past the startup screen that say DELL on it. After that it would remain black. I tried going into safe mode, and it worked, but I cannot get logged into normal mode. I ran some troubleshooting tests on it and got the error code "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt". No matter what I do, I am unable to fix it. How did this happen, and what do I do the fix it?

:)

EwenSchafer, Feb 10, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 10, 2019
  3. reverze Win User
    vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Feb 10, 2019
  4. martel101 Win User

Boot up errors

Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

@axe0 - No, there was no file mentioned, although the error code remained the same. After I used the bootsec.exe /nt60 command the File: boot/bcd line appeared, which can be seen in the photos.
    @zbook - I'll try what you have suggested and post the results. As for the assigned drive letters, no I don't know why they already have assigned letters. As far as I can recall, those were in fact the drive letters they were assigned when the computer was working, but I didn't reassign them during the troubleshooting process. The steps I had already taken are listed in the original post. I had tried to rebuild the BCD previously, but with the same results (i.e. didn't have access, system not found etc.)

martel101, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Boot up errors

1. Boot up errors - Similar Threads - Boot errors

2. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f: Hello Community members,My windows 10 system suddenly stopped working and showing the error 0xc000000fSteps I did:1. Created windows installation media using "media creation tool" in another PC2. goto startup menu > select Boot device options > USB Hard drive UEFI >...
  3. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f: Hello Community members,My windows 10 system suddenly stopped working and showing the error 0xc000000fSteps I did:1. Created windows installation media using "media creation tool" in another PC2. goto startup menu > select Boot device options > USB Hard drive UEFI >...
  4. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  6. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  7. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

8. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

9. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  10. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...