Windows 10: Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in...

Discus and support Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried several repairs to registry & WIN 10 to fix the bootup time 196 sec- after deciding I just have to live with it... Now SNIP & SKETCH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jolie Princess Katana, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in...

I have tried several repairs to registry & WIN 10 to fix the bootup time 196 sec- after deciding I just have to live with it...

Now SNIP & SKETCH fails to work- it comes up & window disappears. I tried to re-install & it fails with error b/c it says WINDOWS UPDATE is paused .

• I ran network troubleshooter- no result
    • ran update troubleshooter- no results
    • emptied cache of ms store

I have restart and see the update goes in but snip & sketch opens in an old version without ruler, it says try snip & Sketch ---there is none.

I can only run snip with Winkey+shift+s -- the tile shortcut fails not sure is live tile should be checked or not

store installs "will not work b/c updates are paused and no matter how many restarts & updates I cannot make the pause updates go away" I select resume each time & restart

When I tried to fix boot situation I had to do RESTORE & then I removed last update, then I tried pause update to see if that was the restart error. Now says all is updated but I need to make it stop the PAUSE situation

I tried many things to fix the boot time- all failed so far

Updated all drivers. No yield signs in device mgr. Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in... 3cd7dcb9-510e-4e12-8209-a7075c4d8db7?upload=true.png Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in... b511dd58-5d94-4d26-9a44-45e4079b32af?upload=true.png

previously

Hangson restart or shut down to awake..it gets to auto repair- spins morefails..eventually it returns to desktop

Triedvarious solutions so far:

• Shut off Fast Boot
    • Tried taking some programs out of start menu MSCONFIG
    • Auto-repairs not so good..after a while I can get to advanced options used sys restore a couple times
    • Removed & added back windows updates, tried to stop them but it comes back every restart
    • Added Wisecare- cleaned registry, junk,
    • Updated nvidia driver

Somesaid to update BIOSGIGABYTE MB from 2005 >> does have Qflashbut a procedure I was afraid to do

Iset it back to defaults

:)

Jolie Princess Katana, Feb 1, 2021
  2. LBPaswan Win User

Pausing and resuming updates

Hi there! I was wondering if it is possible to start downloading an update, pause it and resume it on the next day. I am very low on data (1.5gb/day) which I cannot spend entirely on update. So does anyone know if it is possible to pause and resume updates?
    Thank you!

LBPaswan, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Devon68 Win User
    Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

This happens to me almost every time I pause the video and leave it to buffer up a little. After pausing it I just cant resume it and have to refresh the page. I'm using the latest Firefox browser.
    I looked around the internet and see some people suggest it might be the adobe flash players fault.
    What do you think, and has anyone experienced something similar?

Devon68, Feb 1, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in...

Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

Maybe it's time to use Chrome? *Big Grin Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in... :D Never had any issues with youtube videos

P4-630, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in...

1. Boot Up Hangs- fix I tried was PAUSE UPDATES now I can't RESUME updates- can't get apps in... - Similar Threads - Boot Hangs fix

2. INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT: This happened on monthly security and cumulative updates "08" and "09 on a new Dell XPS8950 12th-gen system. checked for updates and told to install. system starts updating percentage-complete 30%, restart, displays "INVALID FORMAT" message with blobby-bubbles-animation BUT...
  3. INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT: This happened on monthly security and cumulative updates "08" and "09 on a new Dell XPS8950 12th-gen system. checked for updates and told to install. system starts updating percentage-complete 30%, restart, displays "INVALID FORMAT" message with blobby-bubbles-animation BUT...
  4. Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming

Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming: When I pause updates then resume the updates that were in queue don't exist anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-disappearing-after-pausingresuming/6c29ddd8-ad9a-417f-9fac-678a6a1ccb77
  5. Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming: When I pause updates then resume the updates that were in queue don't exist anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-disappearing-after-pausingresuming/6c29ddd8-ad9a-417f-9fac-678a6a1ccb77
  6. Update that needs restart went away after I paused/resumed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update that needs restart went away after I paused/resumed updates: I saw that there was an update that needed a restart so I paused my updates while I finished what I was doing. I then resumed the updates, but the update that needs a restart has now disappeared from the Updates Available list. This has happened previously I am pretty sure it...
  7. Update that needs restart went away after I paused/resumed updates

Update that needs restart went away after I paused/resumed updates: I saw that there was an update that needed a restart so I paused my updates while I finished what I was doing. I then resumed the updates, but the update that needs a restart has now disappeared from the Updates Available list. This has happened previously I am pretty sure it...
  8. Can't pause & resume FH4 download in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pause & resume FH4 download in Win10: So, I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 4 using MS store or Xbox, but can't. As I live in a rural area I have an internet with 40GB/day cap, so can't download FH4 in one go. But that wasn't an issue for other game stores as I could just pause the download & resume it. I have...
  9. Pausing and resuming updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pausing and resuming updates: Hi there! I was wondering if it is possible to start downloading an update, pause it and resume it on the next day. I am very low on data 1.5gb/day which I cannot spend entirely on update. So does anyone know if it is possible to pause and resume updates? Thank you!...
  10. why can't i find the pause update button?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why can't i find the pause update button?: I followed all the guidelines, got to as far as advanced options in schedule updates and cannot find the pause updates button or any pause at al. Where is it and why is this hidden?...