Windows 10: Boot up login screens

Discus and support Boot up login screens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; During the startup sequence the last thing that happens before Windows 10 goes to the Desktop is for me to login in my password. Most of the time the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1ThursdayJC, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Boot up login screens

During the startup sequence the last thing that happens before Windows 10 goes to the Desktop is for me to login in my password. Most of the time the startup sequence lands on the Welcome Screen. That is what I prefer because my old laptop keyboard is on its last legs. I have been using the onscreen keyboard to login my password. It saves on the keyboard.
    However if there is a Windows 10 Upgrade processed or there was a problem with my previous session during shutdown the next time it boots up it goes to the lock screen login. However if it goes to the lock screen login it will not bring up the Onscreen Keyboard. Yes I know I could get a USB keyboard and a lot of those issues would be resolved.

Among the other problems is the final USB port is wonky at times. I am already using a USB 4 port hub. My next laptop computer will have Bluetooth.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit Version 1909

:)

1ThursdayJC, Apr 28, 2020
  2. regan1985 Win User

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, May 23, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 23, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Boot up login screens

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Boot up login screens

1. Boot up login screens - Similar Threads - Boot login screens

2. Login then boot to white screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Login then boot to white screen: Hi all, A friend brought me a Dell laptop. Sign in and then it boots to a white screen. I can get to task manager and run CMD, explorer and all that. Any advice on what to do now? Update it? Is this a driver problem? network connections doesn't want to come up though or this...
  3. Boot and login screen personalization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot and login screen personalization.: Hi there!I really want to know how to personalize or delete the dotted circle animation on the logon screen on my Windows 10 PC. I really miss the old boot bar in like Windows xp. Is there a way to change the dotted animation? I Know how to dig through files, so if you could...
  4. w10 occasionally will have a slow boot up to login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    w10 occasionally will have a slow boot up to login screen: Normally when I power up I get to the W10 login screen pretty quickly. I have a Dell XPS 8900 with I7 and SSD cache. Within the last two weeks when I power up first thing in the morning I will get a blue screen "waiting" with the swirling dots before I get to the login...
  5. BSOD (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) on login screen after PC boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) on login screen after PC boot up: Hi all! So in the past three days, every time I booted up my Windows 10 (only when I start my PC but not when restart), BSOD (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) always shows up during login screen. I have tried update my Windows, drivers and uninstall antivirus, but no luck solving that....
  6. Cannot boot up safe mode from login screen, cannot login either?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot up safe mode from login screen, cannot login either?: Last night I was downloading and extracting PS2 rom files. Whilst in the middle of all this i got the blue screen of death and then my computer restarted. This is where the login screen goes completely blue, where i click on the screen to login, there is no input of putting...
  7. Windows 10 - Boot Up - Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Boot Up - Login: Windows 10 Home Dell All-In-One, Intel i7 - computer was working perfectly - then when I booted the computer, I get a blue box with "Enter Password". - I would think it is a BIOS bootup login screen but I did not touch any of that ? maybe virus? ? update issue?...
  8. Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound: Windows 10 has installed and everything is working fine, except for when booting up the LCD is black. If I hit power button to go to sleep, then hit again to turn on, the LCD comes on just fine, I've tried 4 different drivers ranging from 2012 to the current 8/17/2015 that...
  9. login screen locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    login screen locks up: I tried to install Windows 10 fresh from a usb but it said my Windows 7 key didn't work and I never got a Windows 10 key so I'm not sure what to do, the upgrade install won't login. I enter password, then proceed but it locks up. if I click anywhere after a minute the screen...
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...