Windows 10: Boot up on fresh install takes awhile to boot on NVME

Discus and support Boot up on fresh install takes awhile to boot on NVME in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DmxDex [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DmxDex, Oct 30, 2020.

1. /u/DmxDex Win User

Boot up on fresh install takes awhile to boot on NVME

/u/DmxDex, Oct 30, 2020

2. Use bootloader from a SATA disk to boot Windows installation on a NVME disk

I've managed to get the system booting from the NVME some other way:

1. Converted the NVME to GPT using MBR2GPT.EXE
    2. Hacked NVME support into the bios

a1__Bart__1, Oct 30, 2020
  3. pbftvt Win User
    M.2 SATA to NVME clone: Windows 10 won't boot

Problem: Windows partition won't boot after cloning M.2 SATA drive to M.2 NVME. Simply returns to BIOS splash screen are restarts boot sequence.

Background: Cloning process was simple raw dd copy. Drive had EFI, Windows 10, and Linux partitions. Cloning preserved exact partition sequence, sizes, and UUIDs.

Linux partition needed minor tweaks to /etc/fstab due to the device names being different (/dev/nvme0n1px vs. /dev/sdax), but boots fine.

The disk is GPT, and I believe the original Windows 10 was UEFI - the Linux installation definitely was.

Boot sequence brings up Linux 'grub' menu first. Choosing the EFI partition then brings up Windows EFI boot menu. Fresh Windows install (see below) boots fine from here, old install fails.

Attempts at solution: I did a fresh Windows install in a spare partition and it boots fine. Using the new Windows installation, I've edited the BCD entry for my original Win 10 install. I have
    the correct BCD device, osdevice, and path.

Questions:

• What else needs to be done to make Windows boot again?
    • Are there any config file or registry changes that need to be made to account for the SATA to NVME move?
    • How do I see boot error messages for a UEFI boot failure? No errors displayed and no log files that I can find in Windows or EFI partitions...

pbftvt, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Boot up on fresh install takes awhile to boot on NVME

Fresh install Windows 10 will not boot

I have A Dell 3847 spec I5 4460, 8GB ram, kingston ssdnow V200 240gb. If I do a fresh install my computer will not boot up Windows 10 by it itself but if I hit F12 and tell it to boot off my ssd it will boot and if I just do the upgrade it will boot up
    norm . ssd can be seen in bios but not as a boot device so where i try to tell the bios what to boot off my SSD is not on the list

DarrellProsser, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Boot up on fresh install takes awhile to boot on NVME

1. Boot up on fresh install takes awhile to boot on NVME - Similar Threads - Boot fresh install

2. Will a fresh install speed up boot times?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a fresh install speed up boot times?: Hello, so a year ago I changed from a hard drive on my laptop to ssd. I cloned the hdd to ssd and used my laptop like normal. I noticed a big difference in system performance but not in boot times.My old hdd read and write speeds were around 40mb. My new ssd is 500/500....
  3. Will a fresh install speed up boot times?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a fresh install speed up boot times?: Hello, so a year ago I changed from a hard drive on my laptop to ssd. I cloned the hdd to ssd and used my laptop like normal. I noticed a big difference in system performance but not in boot times.My old hdd read and write speeds were around 40mb. My new ssd is 500/500....
  4. Will a fresh install speed up boot times?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  6. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  7. Fresh windows 10 install not booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh windows 10 install not booting: Hello. I have just recently upgraded the core hardware of my computer. in so doing I prepared to have a fresh install running windows 10 as opposed to windows 7 which I had been using previously. I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and made a recovery partition on my storage...
  8. Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.: Hi, So it's been quite a frustrating day for me, my computer suddenly became too slow to respond to shutdown or restart from windows and takes 5 to 10 mins to boot. And even after a fresh windows 10 install, it's still the same, I keep staring at the windows 10 boot...
  9. Boot up from USB to do fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot up from USB to do fresh install: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I need to install from the USB drive. I have a Gigabyte VEFI Dual Bios motherboard, model B85M-D3H, bios version F14. Hope that is all correct, I got it from the bios section when it came up. My question is, how do I...
  10. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

in Windows 10 Support
    Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit: Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as I ran into a series of trouble and messed up everything.. I decided to delete my win10 partition as well in hope to fix the...