Windows 10: Boot Up order changed after BSOD

Discus and support Boot Up order changed after BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have had my boot up SSD for a while (Crucial MX500 SATA III) and it's been fine but while playing a game I got a blue screen and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CHarambe, Jan 22, 2021.

1. CHarambe Win User

Boot Up order changed after BSOD

Hi Guys,

I have had my boot up SSD for a while (Crucial MX500 SATA III) and it's been fine but while playing a game I got a blue screen and it reverted to the hard drive as the boot up drive. I have found that the only way to revert this back to the Crucial is by fully disabling the hard drive (taking out the SATA cable) which obviously isn't what I want.

When I put the SATA cable back onto the HDD it makes that the boot up drive. Boot up order in the bios doesn't seem to help either

Initially, the SSD was recognised but not usable (had to change letter in disk management). Since the blue screen, if I select the Crucial on the Bios it simply gives me a black screen and goes back to my boot up options. What could it be? It is clearly able to boot up my PC.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can provide!

Thanks guys!

:)

CHarambe, Jan 22, 2021

2. Can't Change Boot Order

Cloned original C:\ drive to an SSD drive then followed the windows procedure to get to BIOS to change the boot order:

• Settings
    • Update and Security
    • Recovery - Restart Now
    • Troubleshoot
    • Advanced Options
    • UEFI Firmware Settings
    • Restart
    The last restart does not take me to BIOS. I just get a blank screen. Esc key gets me back to Windows, but I don't want to format the original C:\ drive for other use until I am able to change the boot order. How do I do that?

GregCowling, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Right boot order but doesnt boot right. But works on manual boot.

Hello Kyle,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your computer regarding the bootup of the device. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the exact make and model of your PC?
    • As mentioned, "But if i load it in first time boot, and then select the po or something(the first in my boot order) it works", can you explain us what exact issue are you facing?
    • Was there any recent hardware changes done prior to the issue?
    • Did you check in BIOS if the Boot menu order is changed?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Boot Up order changed after BSOD

ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Boot Up order changed after BSOD

1. Boot Up order changed after BSOD - Similar Threads - Boot order changed

2. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot order changes after a while: I'm currently dual booting on my laptop Windows 10 and Linux, each one on a separate disk. My default boot order is Linux first then Windows, however, if I boot windows multiple times, it will automatically change my boot order so that Windows is the default. I have changed...
  3. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot order changes after a while: I'm currently dual booting on my laptop Windows 10 and Linux, each one on a separate disk. My default boot order is Linux first then Windows, however, if I boot windows multiple times, it will automatically change my boot order so that Windows is the default. I have changed...
  4. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSoD & boot order changes by itself in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD & boot order changes by itself in BIOS: Two issues happening at random times:BSoD"An operating system wasn't found" during startup. When I look into the BIOS, sometimes the boot priority changed by itself to the drive with no OS Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB , sometimes the hard drive with OS completely disappears...
  6. BSoD & boot order changes by itself in BIOS

BSoD & boot order changes by itself in BIOS: Two issues happening at random times:BSoD"An operating system wasn't found" during startup. When I look into the BIOS, sometimes the boot priority changed by itself to the drive with no OS Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB , sometimes the hard drive with OS completely disappears...
  7. Windows bsod boot order

Windows bsod boot order: Hey i am in a problemSee i wanted to expand storage in laptop this laptop dont have screen so i installed a caddy in which i kept a hddThen i got to know hdd is corrupt it poped up and said to restart pc next for 5 hours it was repairing it self fixing drive f 77% IT SHOWED...
  8. Windows bsod boot order

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows bsod boot order: Hey i am in a problemSee i wanted to expand storage in laptop this laptop dont have screen so i installed a caddy in which i kept a hddThen i got to know hdd is corrupt it poped up and said to restart pc next for 5 hours it was repairing it self fixing drive f 77% IT SHOWED...
  9. Blue screen after changing boot order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen after changing boot order: I have dual boot on my laptop win 10 on a M2 pcie and ubuntu on a ssd. Since i installed ubuntu almost 1 year ago i had ubuntu on first boot, and both worked fine. Since a couple if weeks i noticed windows would boot first, and i checked today my boot order and saw it changed...
  10. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen change priorites in bios