Windows 10: Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5

Discus and support Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a HP dv5 thats experiencing many boot-up problems. It started with the computer throwing the “no bootable disk” every so often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ap90, Dec 21, 2020.

1. ap90 Win User

Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5

Greetings,

I have a HP dv5 thats experiencing many boot-up problems.

It started with the computer throwing the “no bootable disk” every so often and after a few boots it would turn on normally.

i took it to a tech guy and he said that these laptops have a flaw in which they overheat.

He told us to run the laptop through BIOS, pressing ctrl-alt-delete and then f9 and choosing the hard drive.

I’m wondering if theres some way to solve this, or at least a work around better than the BIOS stuff since its much slower.

Today I tried solving a few things, in “system and security” it said to restart since there was some things to be fixed and since then I had to reset the BIOS again because it said there was no bootable OS but now it feels even slower.

Is there anything I can do to get the laptop working close to useful? Sometimes it ran fine for a few minutes before the whole problem today and had some lag issues. Theres no huge process going on, I checked task manager and only during the spikes was tue CPU full with simple applications even task manager.

Hope the information provided was enough! Thanks for any help

:)

2. 95Viper Win User

Hp dv5 freeze

If you are using two memory modules try booting with one.
    If, you are using only one get another and try booting with it.
    Until, then, reseat the memory modules. While you have it out... use a soft pencil eraser and clean the part that is inserts in the connector. Blow off the eraser filings first when finished.

Also, check that hard drive for errors!

Reset your bios to the defaults... Remove the laptop battery and CMOS battery.

Here is a link to some info that may help in the process -->How to take apart HP Pavilion dv5 laptop

95Viper, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Creators Update no compatible with HP Pavilion dv5-2112br

I have a Notebook HP Pavilion dv5 2112br Entertainment PC, with
    Windows 10 ver 1607. I have tried install
    Creators Update
    (ver 1703),as a upgrade or clean install.

The installation freezes at the end.A permanent black screen occurs and Windows does not start its activity.

The manufacturer's website, HP only provides drivers for windows 7.

MarcoAntônioAM, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5

Hp dv5 freeze

Guys my hp dv5 1030ee freeze everytime i used it,its annoying coz even in booting time it freeze and if i manage to load after few munites of using or even a sec. It will freeze again and bam! I need to restart again and again.. I think the bios is outdated or something.. Not sure but i clean the fans and everything to make sure its not overheating. Please help me out! Thx

evilwillie0614, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5

1. Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5 - Similar Threads - Boot problems Pavilion

2. HP Pavilion network problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion network problems: I have a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Runs on windows 8 systemA lot of issues are happening I can’t connect or even find my 5G networks but I can find the 2G networksMy microsoft/windows won’t load or work as well as The Store. It says there are network error. How do...
  3. HP Pavilion network problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion network problems: I have a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Runs on windows 8 systemA lot of issues are happening I can’t connect or even find my 5G networks but I can find the 2G networksMy microsoft/windows won’t load or work as well as The Store. It says there are network error. How do...
  4. HP laptop boot up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop boot up problems: Hi everyone, I have an HP laptop which is broken. i was messing around with the task manager start up applications and i think i disabled windows powershellif that did anything and i. don’t think that matters. anyways, now whenever i. boot it up i keep going to a page saying...
  5. HP laptop boot up problems

HP laptop boot up problems: Hi everyone, I have an HP laptop which is broken. i was messing around with the task manager start up applications and i think i disabled windows powershellif that did anything and i. don’t think that matters. anyways, now whenever i. boot it up i keep going to a page saying...
  6. HP laptop boot up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. HP Pavilion x360 touch problem

HP Pavilion x360 touch problem: I had got an update in Windows. After updating my laptop touchscreen is not working. It is showing exclamation mark at ELAN EzTOuch filter. Tried many things to get touch screen work but ni use....
  8. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  9. Hp Pavilion mouse problems

Hp Pavilion mouse problems: I need serious help here. My HP Pavilion keeps doing weird things and I can't quite figure it out. I think what's happening is similar to another problem I saw someone else post, where there mouse was acting up and clicking on things it shouldn't have been. The only...
  10. HP pavilion No Sound Problem

HP pavilion No Sound Problem: Hello I'm here because there is no sound coming from my laptop. I just got this laptop a few weeks ago and everything was great but suddenly one day there was no more sound. I've looked into it to see if anything was muted or if it was disabled, no. Everything is how it...