Windows 10: Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode

Discus and support Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC always Boots up into 'SAFE mode'. How do I Boot up in normal mode?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SFpuppyDonald Kluckman, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode

My PC always Boots up into 'SAFE mode'. How do I Boot up in normal mode?

:)

SFpuppyDonald Kluckman, Mar 26, 2019

2. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode

1. Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode - Similar Threads - Boot Safe normal

2. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  3. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  4. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Force a normal boot out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force a normal boot out of safe mode: I recently discovered I had a Trojan infection on my pc. When searching for basic troubleshooting, I found out booting on Safe Mode was going to help out. The problem is that when I try to boot onto safe mode, the pc shows no display and stays on without me able to see a...
  6. Force a normal boot out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force a normal boot out of safe mode: I recently discovered I had a Trojan infection on my pc. When searching for basic troubleshooting, I found out booting on Safe Mode was going to help out. The problem is that when I try to boot onto safe mode, the pc shows no display and stays on without me able to see a...
  7. Force a normal boot out of safe mode

8. SFC /scannow Results Different in Normal Boot vs. Safe Mode

SFC /scannow Results Different in Normal Boot vs. Safe Mode: I decided to go through a suite of system checks yesterday to make sure my Windows installation was all good. I started with sfc /scannow. When I tried it however, I got the result "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt system files but was unable to fix some of them." So...
  9. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...