Windows 10: Boot up

Discus and support Boot up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I start up or restart my pc it begins perfectly fine with the black screen and the loading wheel, then the wheel disappears as tho its loading.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DanielBecker9, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Boot up

When I start up or restart my pc it begins perfectly fine with the black screen and the loading wheel, then the wheel disappears as tho its loading. And then its gets stuck on that black screen for various times raving from 5 minutes to half an hour. Then when it finally moves to my lock screen, It takes just as long to actually load. And ill be stuck on a blurry version on my wallpaper until it finally moves over to my desktop. Sometimes it kicks me back to my lock screen.

I did a "clean boot" like one of your threads suggested but that just made getting past my lockscreen a ridiculously long tast that has now taken over 2 hours.

Ibhave tried formatting my laptop before, my computer kept refusing to format infact but when it eventually did. My pc was starting up perfectly fine until about 4 days after the formatting and then it was back to this.

Is there anything I can do. It also refuses to sort out windows updates like this. They keep failing to install

:)

DanielBecker9, Apr 21, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 21, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Boot up

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Boot up

1. Boot up - Similar Threads - Boot

2. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  3. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  4. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...
  5. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

"Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...
  6. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  7. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  8. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...: I am trying to reset windows due to corruption of files of windows due to idk.I tried the following ways:I used media creation tool to make iso in pen drive.I tried rufus tool to do the same with both GPT and MBR type of systems.Tried contacting Microsoft, they also tried to...
  10. **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...

**Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...: I am trying to reset windows due to corruption of files of windows due to idk.I tried the following ways:I used media creation tool to make iso in pen drive.I tried rufus tool to do the same with both GPT and MBR type of systems.Tried contacting Microsoft, they also tried to...