Windows 10: Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive

Discus and support Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to do something on my computer which seems so simple. I have cloned my HDD to a USB drive. The USB drive boots up but when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClintMoller, May 9, 2020.

1. Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive

Hi,

I am trying to do something on my computer which seems so simple.

I have cloned my HDD to a USB drive.

The USB drive boots up but when it gets to the spinning dots after a little bit they freeze and the computer restarts.

I am able to boot the USB drive in safe mode and all seems to work well.
    I enabled boot logging but when its booting normally it doesn't seem to save the boot log file.
    Is their a way for me to see what file it is that's cause the restart or what the reason is.

I have looked everywhere for an answer but I can't find one to this simple problem.

Thanks for any help appreciated

Clint Moller

:)

ClintMoller, May 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 9, 2020
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, May 9, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive

1. Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive - Similar Threads - Boot Clone USB

2. Cloned Drive Won't Boot (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned Drive Won't Boot (Windows 10): I cloned my C drive onto a USB external drive (J) with Macrium, choosing Clone. As shown, this was done, and I had an extra 240GB free. But my computer won't boot when I select both the USB 3 drive option, and also when I select the USB Widows Boot option. What have I done...
  3. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  4. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  5. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  6. Set windows to boot from a different drive (from a clone of Windows)

in Windows 10 Support
    Set windows to boot from a different drive (from a clone of Windows): I have cloned my windows operating system from an SSD to the hard-drive on my laptop. I now want to boot my machine from this cloned version of windows on the hard-drive. In the 'old days' I have been battling with the BIOS settings and Windows Boot Manager - but can't work...
  7. Booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...
  8. Cloned drive will not boot

Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...
  9. windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot

windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot: Hi I cloned my hard drive a Seagate 2T to a WD 2T using acronics software I removed my Seagate drive and plugged in my WD drive in the same spot and system would not boot tried using windows 10 repair disk no luck plugged the Seagate drive back in booted??? 33749
  10. Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC: How to: Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC How to Boot from a USB Flash Drive in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to boot from a USB drive at boot or from within a Windows 10 PC or Surface. If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI...