Windows 10: Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open?

Discus and support Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have the power options on my laptop set to hibernate when the lid closes, I am looking to have the computer boot up again when the lid opens instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by oakleytodd, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open?

I have the power options on my laptop set to hibernate when the lid closes, I am looking to have the computer boot up again when the lid opens instead of having to hit the power button. In the power buttons and lid section of the power options, there is only an option for turning the screen on. I know some options are hidden, maybe there's one that does this I can unhide?

If there's no way to do this with basic windows options, maybe there's a program or AHK script that does something to this effect?

I know it's a bit of a reach, but this would be cool to figure out if possible.

Thanks in advance!

:)

oakleytodd, Sep 22, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Laptop Opening lid function

Hi Wilfred,

Thanq so much for replying to my question.

I used the same website and I tried all the guidelines given by them.

But after doing so, when I shut down the laptop, it doesn't switch on when I open the lid. It only switches on once I press the power button.

It would be gr8 if any1 would give me the proper step-by-step guidelines on switching on the laptop by opening the lid.

Thank you,

Vaibhav Pramod

VaibhavPramod, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open?

1. Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open? - Similar Threads - Boot laptop lid

2. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  3. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  4. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't...
  5. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't...
  6. Is there any way to boot a laptop when lid opens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to boot a laptop when lid opens?: Not wake from sleep - I've done that in power options, but BOOTING UP. Laptop's keyboard has stopped working and I have no option to reboot if it turns off. submitted by /u/rayd0n0van [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop Opening lid function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Opening lid function: Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button. Thank you...
  8. How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most laptops today come with an inbuilt feature that turns on automatically when you open its lid. You can also make the screen go off […] This article How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  10. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...