Windows 10: Boot

Discus and support Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I dual boot Windows 10. When I turn on the computer, the Windows Boot Manager freezes. When I turn off and restart the computer, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gfd, Dec 29, 2018.

1. GFD
    gfd Win User

Boot

Greetings,

I dual boot Windows 10. When I turn on the computer, the Windows Boot Manager freezes. When I turn off and restart the computer, the countdown to start the default install commences. This does not occur when restarting Windows.

I should point out that I did add Macrium Reflect as a boot item. I have since removed it and am using a USB flash drive to use the recovery environment.

Any help would be appreciated. There are no functional issues (I am aware of).

Thanks,
    Graham

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 29, 2018
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Dec 29, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Boot

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Boot

1. Boot - Similar Threads - Boot

2. boot log file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot log file: Where does windows 10 saves the boot log file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-log-file/2950a75e-7524-449f-b461-c3680673cd61
  3. Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror.: I deleted an old Intel WINDOWSXP raid 1 mirror and the system would not boot. I tried fixboot “access denied” . All hard drives removed. I used the procedure to use fixboot but the problem was not the same as indicated. My boot is volume 1 but as’”E”. Volume 3 is” C” which...
  4. Cloning and setting up a dual boot system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning and setting up a dual boot system: I seek advice about the possibility of setting up a dual boot system on my existing Windows 10 64 bit pc. I have an old redundant PC which I built in 2009. Windows 7 Professional 32bit OS installed. I no longer possess the installation disc and am therefore considering...
  5. Endless Circle of dots during boot (in ancient terms, a form of Hang)

Endless Circle of dots during boot (in ancient terms, a form of Hang): Recently I did the 1903 upgrade on 4 Windows 10 machines, two laptops, and two desktops. It went smoothly on all of them. However, after that, two further upgrades became available: KB4506991 2019-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903...
  6. Cloning and setting up a dual boot system

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning and setting up a dual boot system: I seek advice about the possibility of setting up a dual boot system on my existing Windows 10 64 bit pc. I have an old redundant PC built in 2009 that has Windows 7 Professional 32bit OS installed. I no longer possess the installation disc and am therefore considering...
  7. Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues: Hi folks I know people even on this board use Linux hosts sometimes and run Windows as Virtual Machines. If you are using newer Linux distros and want to use a ryzen 3000 processor then read this link The Ryzen 3000 Boot Problem With Newer Linux Distros Might Be Due To...
  8. Help with duel boot

Help with duel boot: I have a duel boot configured on my laptop. Windows 10 and Ubuntu. right now the Ubuntu Boot loader has taken charge and if I catch it in time It defaults to Ubuntu. so I have to actually log int Ubuntu then Log Out and restart and watch as it boots and catch it to select...
  9. Boot up problems

Boot up problems: Hello. I have build my first computer but have booting up problems. Was told to install windows first so when to microsoft,com to download windows 10 pro with no key. Turned on pc & press F12 fast & up came a flag which said HL-DT-ST DVD ROM GH 10L & SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS. The...
  10. windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?: after switching the laptop it takes 2 to 3 minutes time to boot up and also it takes some 2 minutes to settled .why it happens..... its create waste my time....