Windows 10: Boot

Discus and support Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I dual boot Windows 10. When I turn on the computer, the Windows Boot Manager freezes. When I turn off and restart the computer, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gfd, Dec 29, 2018.

1. GFD
    gfd Win User

Boot

Greetings,

I dual boot Windows 10. When I turn on the computer, the Windows Boot Manager freezes. When I turn off and restart the computer, the countdown to start the default install commences. This does not occur when restarting Windows.

I should point out that I did add Macrium Reflect as a boot item. I have since removed it and am using a USB flash drive to use the recovery environment.

Any help would be appreciated. There are no functional issues (I am aware of).

Thanks,
    Graham

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 29, 2018
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Dec 29, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Boot

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Boot

1. Boot - Similar Threads - Boot

2. UEFI Drive/Boot problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Drive/Boot problem: My W10 system WAS running fine (Gigabyte Mobo) with a UEFI SSD boot drive UNTIL I had a problem where I lost all boot. I think it was a SATA cable problem, but it is now resolved. HOWEVER, in the process I no longer boot in UEFI, but into Win Boot Manager. UEFI is selected in...
  3. Booting Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Booting Problem: I recently installed a SSD w/Windows 10 in my PC but forgot to disconnect the HDD, which also has Windows 10. When I disconnect the HDD, I get "Reboot and select proper boot device." I suspect my boot loader is still on my HDD. How do I fix this? Will I need to disconnect the...
  4. Brand new hard drive, unable to boot off of USB drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new hard drive, unable to boot off of USB drive.: Built a new computer with a WD SSD and tried to install/boot windows. I am now stuck in the boot cycle. I am using a brand new Windows boot USB purchased from Best Buy yesterday afternoon. The below error message is what I keep getting no matter what options I choose and the...
  5. Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50: This has been going on for a few months now. Sometimes when I power on the PC, Windows would take about 15 minutes to boot up. Other times it takes less than a minute. There's a 50/50 chance of it doing this. I've no idea why it just doesn't fast boot every single time. This...
  6. I can't boot to windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't boot to windows: I have two windows. The default windows got corrupted. I tried all recovery methods, but it failed to boot to windows. How can I boot from the secondary windows? Thanks...
  7. Problem booting!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem booting!: Hey. I have a problem with my Thinkpad x250. It will not boot up, when i press the power button nothing happrns. The button start flashing as normal but the screen stays black. I have tried emptying the pc for electricity, removing external and internal batteries, holding the...
  8. BSOD When booting windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When booting windows.: So, recently I installed Windows 10 onto an external hard drive, (which works fine). But when I boot from it throws me a BSOD. Information: Stopcode: DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS What failed: dump_WppRecorder.sys I cant get into the...
  9. Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?: I recently had an ultimately unsolved problem with an existing Win 10 computer when trying to install & use an extra hard drive. I could see the extra drive and could use it normally but only for around a half dozen cold boots of the system. The system would then fail to boot...
  10. change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint

in Windows 10 Customization
    change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint: how do i make windows 10 default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dual-boot-order-windows-10-and-linux-mint/e68b3b6e-18b8-4fd9-9407-9d2bd94c3f37