Windows 10: Boot

Discus and support Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I use a recovery drive created on a pc to boot a laptop. Both use Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlistairMcEwen, May 20, 2020 at 6:47 AM.

1. Boot

Can I use a recovery drive created on a pc to boot a laptop. Both use Windows 10

:)

AlistairMcEwen, May 20, 2020 at 6:47 AM
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

4. Boot

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Thema:

Boot

1. Boot - Similar Threads - Boot

2. I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue: Basically, a year ago I had only 1TB HDD, that had a Windows 10 on it, after some time, I bought 250GB SSD and installed Windows 10 on it as well, in order to keep my important files, I didn't format my old HDD and that's why I'm now dual booting two Windows 10, what I want...
  3. Error code 0x000000e after booting from cloned M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x000000e after booting from cloned M.2: Hi I just cloned my M.2 to a bigger one and when I booted the new one the Recovery bluescreen appeared with the error code: 0x000000e. It also says a required device isnt connected or cant be accessed. Is there any workaround for that? Is there anything I shouldve done other...
  4. Boot up from USB to do fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot up from USB to do fresh install: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I need to install from the USB drive. I have a Gigabyte VEFI Dual Bios motherboard, model B85M-D3H, bios version F14. Hope that is all correct, I got it from the bios section when it came up. My question is, how do I...
  5. Windows 10 download of ISO file is to big, can't down load it - trying to use Boot Camp on...

Windows 10 download of ISO file is to big, can't down load it - trying to use Boot Camp on...: Hi Been trying for days to down load the iso file but, it's to large. I purchased Windows 10 Pro that came on a flash drive, is there anyway I can covert the flash drive to an ISO file for installation via Boot Camp on the Mac MIni Or can I buy the ISO file on CD or...
  6. Windows logo shown on boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows logo shown on boot up: I have "No GUI Boot" option enabled Ticked in msconfig but still when i boot up my system the windows logo is shown for around 5-10 seconds. is there anyway to disable it completely?...
  7. Windows 10 boot problem

Windows 10 boot problem: Hello, My PC crashed unexpectedly, or to be precise, it froze. Thus I proceed to restart it. However, little did I know what troubles would follow after. After the Bios message ended, and proceeded towards the regular windows message, the screen got weird green lines...
  8. windows 10 can't boot

windows 10 can't boot: Hello i have windows 10 pro and i screwed up with the dual booting now i can't boot to windows but i can access to the file from the ubuntu usb if i remove the usb i got error in the grub menu no such device:,,,, no such filename:.... there's any way to boot...
  9. Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.: Hey, my windows has been odd lately. For whatever reason when I shutdown/reboot at take a good bit of time 2-3 mins. I'm not sure why. I can boot in under 20 secs and have a fast ssd. I have no speed problems in windows either. The only problem is when shutting down and...
  10. Boot sector

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot sector: In someone reason boot is maked on disk 1, not in disc 0????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-sector/c24b6009-9c7b-4b82-957d-e41eb5ecbc2b