Bootable File Manager?

Discus and support Bootable File Manager? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, is there any bootable file manager out there because I want to do the following things before installing Windows. 1. Format my C:\ drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Jul 27, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Bootable File Manager?

Hello, is there any bootable file manager out there because I want to do the following things before installing Windows.

1. Format my C:\ drive with Windows 7.1
    2. Move contents from my F:\ drive to C:\
    3. Install Windows 10 of F:\

This is basically because F:\ is my old hard disk and I want to install Windows on it. Please help.

:)

lolcocks, Jul 27, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Is ISO file bootable. Or we have to make it bootable

Windows 10 Installation Media is bootable if was created with the Media Creation Tool or Windows USB/DVD Download Tool from an ISO image.

You may need yo change the boot order on your laptop to boot from the installation media.

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Jul 27, 2015
  3. sahiladhikari Win User
    Is ISO file bootable. Or we have to make it bootable

My laptop has blue screen. Says config .sys32 missing. Unable to boot or reinstall window 10 32 bit

sahiladhikari, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Bootable File Manager?

You can boot from the Windows 7 CD and then when you get to the setup prompt, you type Shift-F10. This opens a command prompt which you can then run diskpart to delete the partitions, recreate them and then format the drive and copy the files using xcopy.

Be careful, however, as the drive letters may not be mapped the same as they are now.

Mystere, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    In your case F: will have to have a qualifying OS on it to get the free upgrade to Windows 10.

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2015
  6. lolcocks Win User
    Okay thanks.
    Is there any good tutorial you can recommend me?

lolcocks, Jul 28, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    There are lots of Linux live distributions that can run from CDs and USB sticks and most of them have partition tools and file managers that look enough like windows you shouldn't have any problems. Or you can even make a Windows Ready to Go USB (live Windows). Google ready to go windows usb.

Also, I haven't used one in ages, but there is also Hiren's BootCD which has file manager and partition tools on it. Google hirens CD

NavyLCDR, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Slartybart Win User

Bootable File Manager?

Try Minitool Partition Wizard.

Download the Bootable ISO and burn it to CD or put it on a flash drive

The documentation is very good:
    User guides: MiniTool Partition Manager Software User Guide

These might be what you need, read through the guides, watch the videos and ask questions.
    Delete partition: How to Delete Partition | MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial
    Copy partition: How to Copy Partition | MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial

Slartybart, Jul 28, 2015
  9. lolcocks Win User
    Thanks, exactly what I needed. *Smile

lolcocks, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Slartybart Win User
    You're welcome.

You'll probably have to change the boot code to point to the correct drive (hope it's not too late to mention that *Redface)

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bootable File Manager?

1. Bootable File Manager? - Similar Threads - Bootable File Manager

2. Credential manager and mail app problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Credential manager and mail app problem: Hi, I recently reinstalled windows 10 (before that on a laptop was preinstalled version of Windows 10) with a clean install but after that, I'm getting an error nr 0x80070425 when I'm trying to open credentials manager in control panel. In services, the credentials manager...
  3. How can I open an .obj file in Blender

How can I open an .obj file in Blender: I have unintentionally set up opening .obj file by Microsoft Paint as default, but I want to use Blender for this purpose. How can I change it back so I could import the file in Blender on win7...
  4. Windows script host error, can not find script file .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows script host error, can not find script file .: This window pop ups periodically after some interval. [ATTACH] I cant find any solution in web , please help me to resolve this issue....
  5. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  6. Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission: I am the sole user of my computer. I cannot delete a file (or file folder) as to do so needs System Administrator Permission. I am the Administrator. How to I fix this?...
  7. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar: This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?...
  8. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  9. Offline Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline Files: Hello, I'm trying to find out if it is possible to have an offline file (application executable) make a network connection to an MS SQL Server? The scenario is this: A networked application server folder has been configured to be available offline so my understanding is...
  10. file system is not opened

file system is not opened: why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-system-is-not-opened/5fb9d779-cdd5-4308-ac91-9a0bfa2ba10e