Windows 10: Bootable flash drive with hardware data and keyboard tester

Discus and support Bootable flash drive with hardware data and keyboard tester in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm Daniel, and Im not a programmer but a copy/paste programmer. I volunteer for a Non-profit Organization. We receive people and institutions'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sommetchatnoir, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Bootable flash drive with hardware data and keyboard tester

Hello, I'm Daniel, and Im not a programmer but a copy/paste programmer. I volunteer for a Non-profit Organization. We receive people and institutions' donations in the form of laptops and desktops along with other technology related things. We would like to know if there is a program that 1)can run right after BIOS(Bootable like memtest), and can get all the hardware info on the machine like running "system information>system summary" Or just the BIOS hardware info since the operating system hasnt run yet.. 2)Send that information over ethernet or save it to the flash drive. and 3) display some sort of keyboard tester, interactive would be best, where we can just test the physical keyboard. Im thinking a sort of window with all keys drawn, and once yo press them, the keys show and stay a certain color, indicating they work. The reason for this is because when we receive donations, its hard to catalogue, specially laptops, what system was received, all the specs needed. Even send the date time in BIOS to check if the cmos battery is still good. When large amounts of computers are needed for a specific project, we can just go to the inventory and see what we have in the specs needed from us. If not, is there at least a way to boot to msdiag32.exe and save that info in the flash drive?

:)

sommetchatnoir, Jul 1, 2021
  2. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    flash drive data

LOL on this. :'D

Anyway, let us try to scan first if there are any data corruption causing this one to your flash drive. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

Method 1:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

If this have not detected any issues, we will proceed with the next steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Nick Dich, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Bootable flash drive with hardware data and keyboard tester

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Bootable flash drive with hardware data and keyboard tester

1. Bootable flash drive with hardware data and keyboard tester - Similar Threads - Bootable flash drive

2. Bootable flash drive, how?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable flash drive, how?!: I have absolutely no idea on how to make a bootable USB flash drive, I've tried for 2 hours and got no where, someone please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-flash-drive-how/649718ea-7904-4156-bed1-0b1eb73177f9
  3. Bootable flash drive, how?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable flash drive, how?!: I have absolutely no idea on how to make a bootable USB flash drive, I've tried for 2 hours and got no where, someone please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-flash-drive-how/649718ea-7904-4156-bed1-0b1eb73177f9
  4. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  5. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  6. Creating a bootable flash drive

7. Recovering file in bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering file in bootable flash drive: I have files in my flash drive then I accidentally download windows 10 in my flash drive, now it turn into bootable flash drive. I want to restore all the files in my flashdrive the file still in my flash drive because it still 24gb in used space while installer is less than...
  8. Recovering file in bootable flash drive

Recovering file in bootable flash drive: I have files in my flash drive then I accidentally download windows 10 in my flash drive, now it turn into bootable flash drive. I want to restore all the files in my flashdrive the file still in my flash drive because it still 24gb in used space while installer is less than...
  9. Recovering file in bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot: I'm attempting to make a clone of a bootable flash drive containing the Prime Expert Emergency Book kit using EraseUs Partition Master. The clone seems to seems the same contents as the original, but the drive is not bootable. Cockpit error?Possible, but earlier I used Aomei...