Windows 10: Bootable ISO Failure

Discus and support Bootable ISO Failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To start, last January, due to a mangled Windows 10 Home (skipping the details), I created and booted into the USB ISO, chose the option "Install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Not Myself, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Bootable ISO Failure

To start, last January, due to a mangled Windows 10 Home (skipping the details), I created and booted into the USB ISO, chose the option "Install Windows and keep files", which installed a new, clean copy.

Last Friday, I suddenly lost my WiFi Internet, and have not yet been able to remedy the situation. I was going to restore using last Monday's Macrium Reflect full backup. That did not work, and an investigation showed that my paid version had defaulted to a trial version, which had then expired; I suspect--don't know--that this was due to a lack of Internet, assuming that Reflect verifies the license when opened. (Perhaps however, the free update to Version 7 had a time limit which had just expired.)

Facing that, I created a new ISO, and, without booting, used it to install a new copy of Windows, which did not repair the problem. Assuming that removing and replacing Windows would give me a fully-working version, I then booted the ISO and chose the same option as before, which did not work. Instead of proceeding to run, I got a message stating that the upgrade option is not available if you start your computer using Windows installation media. It went on to advise restarting, then inserting the installation media and running Windows Setup. That would only allow me to again do what I had already done and which did not help.

I don't understand why I got that message and the process failed. What can I do to repeat the successful operation of a few months ago?

:)

Not Myself, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 5, 2020
  3. GIGGLA Win User
    How to make boot cd without bootable iso?

I've have tried many times and wasted dozens of cd's trying to make a bootable cd. The bootable cd I am trying to make is two files from the internet -a video card bios file and a flashing utility. I tell nero to burn the files does'nt work. I tell it to make a bootable cd but that does'nt work either. I also tried making the files into an iso then burning "does'nt work". I tried telling nero burn iso image to disc still not working. Also tell it burn image and make bootable disk won't work lol. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated thanks.

GIGGLA, Apr 5, 2020
  4. TRWOV Win User

Bootable ISO Failure

Bootable USB to ISO

He's not trying to make a bootable USB. He wants to restore the ISO from the bootable USB (the reverse operation).

What software are you trying to restore? You can get the Windows 7 ISOs from Digital River: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

TRWOV, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Bootable ISO Failure

1. Bootable ISO Failure - Similar Threads - Bootable ISO Failure

2. Bootable iso windows 11 ARM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable iso windows 11 ARM: Can you make a bootable iso windows 11 ARM without having to put it on a hypervisor, if you can’t why is this the case please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-iso-windows-11-arm/ee34270d-fed4-4db3-8b9c-f989218e0b75
  3. Bootable PC Toolkit ISOs

Bootable PC Toolkit ISOs: What Bootable PC Toolkit ISOs [ NOT Portable Programs/Apps ] do you use and find invaluable. To start this off, here are a few of those that I use [ in Alphabetical Order ] . . . All in One System Rescue Toolkit: > All in One System Rescue Toolkit AOMEI Bootable Media: AOMEI...
  4. Windows 10 iso not bootable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 iso not bootable: I wanted to switch back to windows from Kali Linux, so I downloaded the 64-bit English October 2020 update windows 10 iso and tried to burn it to a usb 8.1 gigs with BalenaEtcher. It showed a message: "Missing partition table. It looks like this is not a bootable image....
  5. Freeware Bootable ISO program

Freeware Bootable ISO program: Greetings All, Is there a freeware program that will work with "XP"? 1)...What I have done is copied files from a 4+GB dvd disc to a folder on my desktop...(I made sure to uh-hide hidden files). 2)...I wish to take all those files which also contain a "setup" file and...
  6. Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO: I am in need of creating a bootable DVD, whenever I put my DVD on the tray and enter it into the computer, I am greeted with a popup asking me which way I want to use this disc, 'Like a USB flash drive' or 'With a CD/DVD player'. I am trying to dual boot Linux and Windows...
  7. Creating bootable unattended ISO..

Creating bootable unattended ISO..: Hi, Is there a proper way to create an unattended bootable ISO (the methods I have tried thus far do NOT work). I have the following ISO files. 1. Windows 10 1903 ISO directly downloaded from Microsoft. 2. Windows ADK for 1903. I only took the auto answer file part from...
  8. Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB: So I have decided to finally, finally get rid of all my CDs and DVDs. For non-bootable program installs or data, I simply copied all the files to a folder on a very large HDD.*Cool But I also have these bootable CDs for Win XP and Windows 7. I don't want to simply pitch...
  9. create bootable iso for 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    create bootable iso for 1803: hi joydeep sir what tool i will use to create bootable iso for 1803 as 1809 got totally due to some bugs or isolated reported issue by customers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-bootable-iso-for-1803/57e5925e-8d7a-4f8a-b056-360d3dc43a66
  10. INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help

INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help: I don't understand why people think that the USB must be formatted with FAT32, This restriction is only applied to the UEFI Firmware prior to version 2.0. My PC is 5 year old MSI-Z77 and all bootable are formatted with NTFS. The only restriction is: All disks/USB must be MBR...