Windows 10: Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

Discus and support Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title suggest, I updated Windows 11 last night. This morning when I tried to boot up I went directly into the bios not the first time this has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pantheon Mage, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

As the title suggest, I updated Windows 11 last night. This morning when I tried to boot up I went directly into the bios not the first time this has happened to me after an UPDATE. The bios showed no bootable device available. My other drives one being another NVME show up however. I've looked at a number of videos detailing changes that can made in the bios settings but nothing has worked. I also switched the nvme slots, it still can't be recognized. I did a fresh install of windows on another nvme drive and everything works well, so clearly at least I believe the issue isn't with my M

:)

Pantheon Mage, Jan 13, 2023
  2. MacBain00 Win User

NVMe found in BIOS but not by Windows 10 / Windows 11

I've seen similar posts scattered over the internet and no real solutions. The issue seems to be specific to AMD processors and respective motherboards. I've seen most posts related to MSI boards but I doubt it's limited to them.

Scenario:

You install a second NVMe drive onto your motherboard, your BIOS sees the drive, but Windows does not in Device Manager or Disk Management.

I've done everything from messing around with the BIOS to buying a PCIe NVME Riser to make sure it wasn't a bad NVMe connection. I know my MSI x470 Gaming Plus board supports 2 drives, this was not related to a disabled SATA port, or a drive support/compatibility issue. Nothing worked and I refused to reinstall Windows as a solution (as I've seen in other posts recommending). After spending way too many hours on this problem, I finally found the solution to my specific issue and it's all related to the "AMD-RAID Bottom Device" Controller Drivers that the AMD chipset software installs. For whatever reason, this AMD driver and Windows do not get along. The solution is to change/update the driver to the Standard NVME controller that comes with Windows.

Solution:

-Device Manager -> Storage Controllers -> Expand

-Find AMD-RAID Bottom Device -> Right Click -> Properties -> Driver -> Update Driver

-Browse From My Computer -> Let me pick from a list -> Select Standard NVM Express Controller -> Next

-Within 2 seconds, everything seems to be working without any issues.

Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update 6ea4b9be-af90-4d97-9f8b-ec9d362a5bee?upload=true.png

Similar Posts:

New NVMe SSD not recognized by Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64 - Microsoft Community

Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS - Microsoft Community

I posted this so the internet will archive this for future use. Hopefully this helps someone out there who's had similar issues. Or runs into them randomly after an AMD Chipset update.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 2900X

Asus X470 Gaming Plus - Latest at time of post

Disks:

- Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500 GB M.2 NVME

- WD BLACK SN850 1TB

- Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

-WDC 1TB Drive

GPU: GTX 970

MacBain00, Jan 13, 2023
  3. pcootey Win User
    AURUS NVMe Gen4 SSD not recognized by Windows Setup

We have a new install on x570 Auros Master motherboard (AMD AM4 X570/rev 1.1). We have one disk on the computer, a 1TB AURUS NVMe Gen4 SSD. The BIOS recognizes the NVMe drive. The BIOS is updated to F30, the latest version of the BIOS in the PCIEX16 spot
    and it reads it as PCIE 3.0 x16 @ 1.0 x16. However, when we run the Windows Installer from a bootable USB, there is no disk available to install the OS on, the window is blank.

There are lots of articles for machines where windows is already installed, but we do not have any OS installed.

pcootey, Jan 13, 2023
  4. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

Quick BIOS Update question...

if you want to update the bios, see the bios verdor, like as AMI aor AWard. the step way you do are:
    1. download the latest bios
    2. make bootable disk and copy the bios here
    3. run to flash the bios by DOS or windows.
    4. if you take DOS prompt below syntax :
    for AWARD : c:\awdflash xx.bin /sn/cc/py/ld/qi
    for AMI : c:\aflash *.rom or afudos *.rom
    thanks

joxus_winner, Jan 13, 2023
Thema:

Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

1. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update - Similar Threads - Bootable NVME recognized

2. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  3. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  4. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  5. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  6. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update: As the title suggest, I updated Windows 11 last night. This morning when I tried to boot up I went directly into the bios not the first time this has happened to me after an UPDATE. The bios showed no bootable device available. My other drives one being another NVME show up...
  7. 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...: 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2First, it worked perfectly before...I have 3 NVMe, and a couple of S-ATA SSDs and HDDs... A real bunch of disks, just to know..My Mainboard is an ASRock Fatal1ty...
  8. No bootable device after latest Windows update

No bootable device after latest Windows update: Hi I have an Acer Aspire 3 A314 after doing a windows update last night, I turned it on this morning and says no boot device, went into settings & no HD showing, booted a USB to reinstall but no HD to boot to, is this an issue with the update or has the HD failed, the laptop...
  9. BIOS not recognizing Bootable Devices

BIOS not recognizing Bootable Devices: I have an Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus Wifi Motherboard, I have been using a Samsung 860 EVO SSD for the past year or so. Just today when I powered on my PC, it's not recognizing any bootable devices and I keep getting stuck in the BIOS. I've tried replacing the cable,...
  10. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS: I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application. My BIOS is the latest version. Any ideas?...