Windows 10: Bootable USB detection issues

Discus and support Bootable USB detection issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I own a Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666W currently running Windows 10 20H2. The touchscreen and audio device has stopped working (not due to hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/prateektade, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Bootable USB detection issues

I own a Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666W currently running Windows 10 20H2. The touchscreen and audio device has stopped working (not due to hardware issues to the best of my knowledge), so I am trying to do a fresh OS install using a bootable USB drive. I tried the following ways to use the bootable USB but they haven't worked, the system directly boots into the installed Windows 10.

1. Simply connected the bootable USB just before switching on the system
    2. Changed the boot priority in the boot menu
    3. Chose the Advanced Startup option from the Recovery menu in Settings
    4. Used the command "shutdown.exe /r /o" in the Command Prompt in Administrator mode

Is there any other way that the system can recognise the bootable USB disc?

submitted by /u/prateektade
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/prateektade, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Agility Win User

Bootable USB detection issues

Multi-bootable USB

Hey thanks solaris. I just used E2B on my USB stick and placed a Win 10 ISO inside the folder. But i could not get it to boot on my brother's PC who is running a Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP7 that has a UEFI bios setting. I've set to boot from both Legacy and UEFI boot roms but it just won't show Am i doing it wrong? The list of bootable devices does not show any USB HDD, only the lists of hard disk and SSD.

Would gladly need your help in some senization @Solaris17

Agility, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Bootable USB detection issues

1. Bootable USB detection issues - Similar Threads - Bootable USB detection

2. Bootable usb not detecting windows on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable usb not detecting windows on my pc: My pc is stuck in an infinite boot and will restart while it’s saying preparing system repair. So I made a bootable usb with media creation tool and it boots but for system restore it says restart this computer and select and operating system but it gives me no prompt to do...
  3. Bootable usb not detecting windows on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable usb not detecting windows on my pc: My pc is stuck in an infinite boot and will restart while it’s saying preparing system repair. So I made a bootable usb with media creation tool and it boots but for system restore it says restart this computer and select and operating system but it gives me no prompt to do...
  4. Bootable usb not detecting windows on my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive

Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive: My USB is 256GB and I need to image a company computer with a image in .iso format. This iso is 26.7 GB in size.I reformated the USB to exfat .I downloaded the Microsoft Media Creation tool and created a bootable USB using the tool and this seems to have shrunck my USB to...
  6. Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive: My USB is 256GB and I need to image a company computer with a image in .iso format. This iso is 26.7 GB in size.I reformated the USB to exfat .I downloaded the Microsoft Media Creation tool and created a bootable USB using the tool and this seems to have shrunck my USB to...
  7. bootable usb cannot be detected on my laptop

bootable usb cannot be detected on my laptop: Hi, I was trying to upgrade my laptop's old hdd to a new ssd after installing the new ssd I made a bootable usb using the media creation tool with another pc but it seems like my laptop won't boot to the usb, I tried enabling the legacy support and made the usb the first...
  8. Bootable USB issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootable USB issue: I've made a windows 10 bootable USB but when trying to boot from it all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor is there something I'm doing wrong? Steps 1. From Ubuntu open disk and format a 16gb USB (NTFS) 2. Use image mounter on win10 ISO 3. Copy all files to USB...
  9. Issue creating bootable USB drive

Issue creating bootable USB drive: Hi all, my first post. Thank you for any assistance in advance. I got a new 2nd hand Asus 2 in 1. I managed to finally get a fully functional Ubuntu Linux distro (dual boot) working on it. Unfortunately after getting it finally functional (Cheery Trail processors are not...
  10. Windows 10 bootable USB issue

Windows 10 bootable USB issue: One thing you can do is boot from Windows 10 install media, select custom install, then delete all the partitions so the whole drive is unallocated. The drive will be unpartitoned and unformatted. Then power down without going any further. Then boot from your Linux install...