Windows 10: Bootable USB issue

Discus and support Bootable USB issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've made a windows 10 bootable USB but when trying to boot from it all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor is there something I'm doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DigitalHades, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Bootable USB issue

I've made a windows 10 bootable USB but when trying to boot from it all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor is there something I'm doing wrong?

Steps 1. From Ubuntu open disk and format a 16gb USB (NTFS) 2. Use image mounter on win10 ISO 3. Copy all files to USB 4. Plug in and boot from USB in BIOS

submitted by /u/DigitalHades
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DigitalHades, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Bootable USB issue

Multi-bootable USB

We didnt use ISOs, we had to convert them to .imgPTN when we were using them. But we graduated from easy2boot when we could get all the tools we needed on 10.

Thats a whole other issue. If you cant see the USB at all during boot then you wont make any headway getting easy2boot working.

I can try and post the document later when I have some time.

Solaris17, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Bootable USB issue

1. Bootable USB issue - Similar Threads - Bootable USB issue

2. Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive: My USB is 256GB and I need to image a company computer with a image in .iso format. This iso is 26.7 GB in size.I reformated the USB to exfat .I downloaded the Microsoft Media Creation tool and created a bootable USB using the tool and this seems to have shrunck my USB to...
  3. Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive: My USB is 256GB and I need to image a company computer with a image in .iso format. This iso is 26.7 GB in size.I reformated the USB to exfat .I downloaded the Microsoft Media Creation tool and created a bootable USB using the tool and this seems to have shrunck my USB to...
  4. Issue with Creating USB Bootable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bootable USB detection issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootable USB detection issues: I own a Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666W currently running Windows 10 20H2. The touchscreen and audio device has stopped working (not due to hardware issues to the best of my knowledge), so I am trying to do a fresh OS install using a bootable USB drive. I tried the following...
  6. bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootable usb: windows 10 will not boot from recognizable usb, why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-usb/bfe29314-5442-42c5-886a-46d019fbb324
  7. usb bootable

usb bootable: need to create a usb bootable for a macos using windows10s. tried with transmac but says need window 10 instead of s mode. don't want to loose s mode. what to do. is there something in the app store i can use...
  8. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  9. Issue creating bootable USB drive

Issue creating bootable USB drive: Hi all, my first post. Thank you for any assistance in advance. I got a new 2nd hand Asus 2 in 1. I managed to finally get a fully functional Ubuntu Linux distro (dual boot) working on it. Unfortunately after getting it finally functional (Cheery Trail processors are not...
  10. Windows 10 bootable USB issue

Windows 10 bootable USB issue: One thing you can do is boot from Windows 10 install media, select custom install, then delete all the partitions so the whole drive is unallocated. The drive will be unpartitoned and unformatted. Then power down without going any further. Then boot from your Linux install...