Windows 10: BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.

Discus and support BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a couple of questions concerning USB Recovery Drives such as can be created by AOEMI and MACRUM Backup programs. They have got my PCs going many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Sep 8, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.

I have a couple of questions concerning USB Recovery Drives such as can be created by AOEMI and MACRUM Backup programs. They have got my PCs going many times over the years. First ,does the Flash Drive have to be empty?I think I recall having to format the drive before use, so they cannot be used for anything else. Is this correct? Second, is the content of the Drive after creation the same regardless of what program has created them? If not, are there benefits to using one rather than another?

The reason I ask is that I have 3 such Drives, two Aoemi the other Macrium, and was about to create another using Aoemi following a system Backup now that the latest update has been installed. But is this a wasteful use of USB space if they are all the same, one as good as another? What is the minimum amount of space required. I think I remember it being about 8 MB? If so it will not be an efficient use of a Drive much larger than that, if it cannot be used for other files.

:)

clayto, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Sep 8, 2020
  4. BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.

Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.

1. BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions. - Similar Threads - BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY

2. Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1: Just wondering if there is a way to create a bootable USB disc for Win7 SP1 because I have already lost my Vista because some BODY assured me could keep a multiple drive of my vista and & 7SP1 however the vista wasn't on the "new" drive.. Win7SP1 was also MISSING, replaced...
  3. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  4. A question about a recovery usb drive

A question about a recovery usb drive: Hi, so I am posting this because my computer isn't too new but it is still running 10 smoothly. But since it isnt too new now, it may stop responding, lag, not boot properly, give errors, etc . There are some trojans that overwrite your MBR like it happened in 2016. I may...
  5. Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 - TIPS

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 - TIPS: 1. Pay attention to the numerous warnings to create a recovery drive before a failure. 2. Use a 32gb USB stick formatted as NTFS - even though there is lots of advice to use 16gb formatted as FAT32. My creation of recovery drive failed twice after several hours until I tried...
  6. bootable usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    bootable usb drive: I am having issues with a new dell 3781 laptop with win 10 pro. The dell os recovery file installed on a direct download to usb drive won't boot but goes directly to the desktop. To test this I need any bootable usb file software from any source, preferably a small file....
  7. Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC

Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...
  8. Recovery USB drive vs. Windows 10 bootable USB ?

Recovery USB drive vs. Windows 10 bootable USB ?: 1 . In Windows 10, one can create a Recovery Drive on a USB flash drive . 2 .Using Rufus after downloading Windows 10 installation ISO file from microsoft, I can make a bootable USB windows installation that can help me repair my existing windows installation or let me...
  9. Bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB drive: Hi I have been speaking to Macrium via Facebook and decided I will go for the full version and have the security of a full image if my notebook ever goes wrong.... plus they gave me a 20% discount code so that is good *Smile Just a couple of questions.... 1. I want...
  10. Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?: Is it overkill to create both a USB Recovery drive and a bootable flash drive to install Win10? HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 320 GB HDD. 4/8 GB RAM I recently revitalized my friends HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 4 GB RAM...