Windows 10: Bootable USB still loads windows

Discus and support Bootable USB still loads windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I made a bootable usb that had linux on it so I could dual-boot both linux and windows. Although, after I made my bootable usb, and I tried to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nelson Alex, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Bootable USB still loads windows

I made a bootable usb that had linux on it so I could dual-boot both linux and windows. Although, after I made my bootable usb, and I tried to boot from there, it still boots up windows instead. Is it something wrong with the flashdrive, or is there a way to make it stop doing that.

:)

Nelson Alex, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Bootable USB still loads windows

streetfighter 2, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Bootable USB still loads windows

1. Bootable USB still loads windows - Similar Threads - Bootable USB still

2. bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootable usb: I checked the partition style of my hard disk in the disk management tool and its GPT , and i want to install an os from a usb drive , ive downloaded rufus portable and plugged my usb ,and the partition scheme option only shows MBR. the question is : would that be a...
  3. 1909 Bootable - 2004 Not Bootable (USB)

1909 Bootable - 2004 Not Bootable (USB): Hey all, so I've been having some issues with my pc, it has been acting very strange, taking longer to load, at one point it said no bootable device detected and such in which I did a system restore and that sort of helped, sometimes I could load into my desktop, sometimes I...
  4. Windows Bootable Usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Bootable Usb: Hi, Gooday Day! I have a concern regarding a hard drive used as a bootable usb for windows then the files got formatted is there a chance that I can recover those files and convert back the external hard drive into normal?...
  5. Is my USB stick still bootable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my USB stick still bootable?: Hi guys If one installs Windows 10 on a USB stick with Media Creation Tool, the USB stick is also created directly bootable. If I then remove the content from the USB stick without formatting, will the stick remain bootable for as long as this takes? Ciao Ist mein...
  6. bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootable usb: windows 10 will not boot from recognizable usb, why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-usb/bfe29314-5442-42c5-886a-46d019fbb324
  7. usb bootable

usb bootable: need to create a usb bootable for a macos using windows10s. tried with transmac but says need window 10 instead of s mode. don't want to loose s mode. what to do. is there something in the app store i can use...
  8. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  9. Bootable USB

Bootable USB: So I created a USB using Rufus, how does the damaged unit know to open the file labeled "setup" when run in Bios? When clicking the USB it does not load Windows in a good computer so it does not load in the damaged one since the setup file is the key to loading Windows....
  10. Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bootable USB: I keep reading that to make a bootable flash drive for an ISO one needs either Rufus or the Windows tool. I told a mod that I swap the files within the ISO to the USB and it boots and he agreed that this works. I looked within the files and boot was there. When I insert the...